Maccy D's

xxbeckyxx

Reaction score
Had to stop somewhere to give Lizzie some lunch the other day so popped into McDonalds and got myself some chicken nuggets so we could sit in there. Gave Lou her healthy food I had with me and she was still hungry so I have her some chicken from the nuggets (bit the batter off for me lol). Anyway, would you class that as 'unhealthy'? Cos apart from maybe the salt content I couldn't see a problem with it but I was still getting some 'looks' from people :roll:
We often give her a few chips when we have them as well (not as her meal, as extra just cos we're eating), but in my mind they are just potato? Whereas I know other people who wouldn't dream of it.

What do you reckon?

Charley's had 1 mcdonnalds about a month ago. I was worried the whole time thinking everyone's giving me funny looks but it was a one off so I don't see the harm in it. It's not as if you feed her it everyday.
Tbh charley didn't even enjoy it, crazy child cos me and lace love mcdonnalds lol xx

becky i see nth wrong of her enjoying her some fries or chicken from mcdonalds after she ate her meal. now feeding her very often that probably is not a good idea but once per while i see nth wrong with it.

temptaions will be all over her life when she is older, chocolates, ice cream, sweeties and whatever you can imagine. i doubt we can stop them from eating all that crap but i hope we can teach them how to make good choose and limit the bad ones.

btw screw the ugly looks.....i am pretty sure that some of their home made stuff is not a better choice than a few chicken bites from macdonalds....

Personally I'm a 'everything in moderation' kind of parent.

I don't think its bad that you gave her a taste :) x

I also think everything in moderation. It's more about what you teach your kids as they grow up. my daughter is 14 now and has a really healthy attitude to food as we've always educated her what to eat and how often to have treats etc, loads of kids her age go to the chippy every day at lunch but she knows this should be a rare treat so always gets a sandwich or soup instead and to be honest she hates McDs, probably because she hardly ever got it!

You can ask for no salt on the chips and the fish fingers are no worse than what you give it home!!

Paige doesn't have mcdonalds for 2 reasons, 1. Im a snob :blush: 2. because I dont eat there. BUT I agree, everything in moderation lol. I have chip shop chips and ask for them without salf and me and Paige will chow down.

Like you say, apart from the salt content its fine and even then, if its just occasionnally anyway then it wont matter! Let her go to town I say!

A very good friend of mine has a mum who is a RIGHT hippie, i mean home-birthed in a caravan next to stonehenge sorta hippie!

anyway, she gave Anna (and me) some very good advice

she has friends who refused their kids maccy D's and all sorts of things all the time, made a big 'thing' out of it

now they are all grown up and ADDICTED to shite food, because they were never ever allowed it, it became this massive issue for them. Its like having a teenager and never letting them out late or have boyfriends... they are going to get to 18, end up in a ditch somewhere with alcohol posioning and pregnant!

you gotta let your kids experience life!

Maisie had her first the other wee i gave her fish fingers and a fruit bag ... she ate the fruit and left the fish fingers .... i saw a 2 year old running around with coke in a bottle and then ask their mum for coffee now that i dont agree with xx

yes i would of given amelia a whole chicken nugget especially if its a one off and having it as a treat x

I would have done exactly the same. Morgans never had mcdonalds purely cos I rarely go, but I would if we were out and I didnt have any food on me. We took him to pizza hut and he had fishfingers and chips so its the same really.

Im trying to keep a chilled attitude to food to try and avoid the inevitable food refusal stage (which obviously Im not going to avoid because its inevitable! )

Ive taken Paige to pizza hut a few times now and I get her the mac and cheese with ham. She goes ape over it and I love that she can chow down on salad while we wait. She gets grumpy waiting for food.

^^ yeah! And I loved getting the raisins and apple and grapes from the salad bar for him, we saved them for the end and it was pudding! I got the fish fingers and wedges so he wouldnt make a mess :blush:

my profile pic on FB is him in pizzahut actually! He loved it in there!

Oooo I never thought of that for pudding. Although I keep wanting to save some room and get an ice cream factory. I swear you never get too old for ice cream factory!

:lol: we havent had that yet! Oh I wish we lived closer, I could do with a regualr pizza hut date!

I cant go pizza hut for a while...I doubt theres many things in pizza hut that dont have carbs!

When I finally get my arse in gear and go to Cardiff I feel a pizza hut is in order though.

I'm fairly strict when it comes to what Noa eats. I'm not saying I will ban McDonald's n take aways but I will not introduce it to him. Same with sweets n sweet things. When he start asking for it its diferent, but until that I don't see the point. I don't think its extremely unhealthy with McDonald's but I don't think its proper food n it don't do u any good. Especially nuggets and stuff that is hardly any meat in it, I would be ok with Noa tasting burger but not deep fat fried chips and nuggets.

I try not to judge others parenting but I'm sure I'm one of them giving an evil eye, I will really try to stop xx

Herbie has had a few, my older kids love them now and again so I can't say no to him,
I also have a cousin who's mum was very strict about what they eat and they hated her for it and when they got to teenage years totally rebelled,
I give Herbie fruit shoots at soft play etc and sometimes get funny looks not like he lives on them it's a treat on a day out xxxx

You get funny looks for fruit shoots?! Yeah there a bit high in sugar but pft. I gave one to Paige and didn't even consider that people might think it was strange.

I used to be strict with how I fed her but now shes a bit older Im not so bad. I still don't like her having sweets very often and she very very rarely has chocolate (mainly because of the mess :blush: ) but tbh, she'd rather have fruit. You should see her when the blueberrys come out. Shes like a crazed baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back