13 months old, cows milk + food

Marianne

Reaction score
I have struggled to get my little one to eat anything other than 4month+ foods, i have managed to get him to take 10month+ breakfast with warm cows milk now, but i am unsure as to how many milks he should get a day with cows milk, is it still 1 in the morning, 1 mid afternoon and 1 before bed? Also, food wise, he refuses all baby foods from the supermarkets thats above 4month+, he will eat little bits of chicken, maybe 1 1/2 cicken nuggets, eats a few bits of small pieces of steak, 2/3 chips, he eats chicken soup and lentil soup, about 1/4 of a cheese piece, little bits off of a sausage link, refuses spaghetti hoops,etc.

I am really stuck and unsure of what to do/if im doing things right...etc

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME?

Will he just eat whatever your having? Could you let him feed himself and make it fun with lots of different foods like the BLW method? Not sure how much milk they need but 3 bottles sounds about right think that's what my niece has who's the same age. Try not to make a big deal or fuss about it so there is no pressure. A baby won't starve itself if various foods keep getting offered

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Hey chick,

My Lo is a similar age to your lo and he eats what we eat with in reason. I used to blend it, but now I just mash it a bit. For example roasts, stews, casseroles, cottage pie etc. For lunch different sandwiches, omelets, backed potato, pasta etc. For breakfast porridge with cows milk. My Lo has two bottles a day and a beaker of milk. He has water in a beaker with his meals. xxxxx

I can't get him to take milk out of a beaker atall, he just constantly refuses it, but he'll take his juice out of it, as for pasta's, he refuses it, spits it out at me all the time. I am really struggling! What do u mean your lo gets 2 bottles a day and a cows milk in a beaker? Do u mean u give him 2 bottles of formula + 1 cows milk a day as his juice sort of thing?xxx

At your los age, my lo was only having two bottles, one in the morning and one bed, with cows milk with breakfast. He too was/is a fussy eater but has made sooo much improvement in the last few months its amazing.

If i were you (just a suggestion) id try dropping his afternoon bottle and giving him a snack instead?? As long as he gets enough dairy in his diet he should be ok.... My lo lived off those baby pasta stars (which are for 7months plus they are tiny) with dairylea traingle mixed in, yoghurtd which are full of calcium etc.

If you are worried you could talk to ur hv? Mine referred us to cook and eat sessions for fussy eaters. We have been going once a week since october and his improvement is outstanding! He still has fussy moments but is more willing to try new foods.

You could also give vitimin drops too.

Also, i personally dont see the problem with milk in a bottle my lo is almost 18months and has one bottle of milk at night, but water in a beaker during the day, he refused to take milk from anything other than a bottle.

Forgot to mention... My lo only has cows milk with breakfast, i give him the cow&gate toddler milk as he point blank refuses to drink cows milk. Im not a big milk lover either and apparantly was the same as a baby so i dont see any harm, plus the toddler milk contains extra vitimins and iron etc.... Which, if he has a bad foodmday at least i know he gets goodness from the toddler milk

Last edited:
So just so I am understanding right, cows milk mixed in his breakfast + a bottle of cows milk, lunch water or juice in a beaker with his lunch n that n dinner, then bottle of cows milk before bed?

It all depends on ur lo hun. Mine would guzzle a bottle of milk when we woke, and then go on to have another 5oz on his weetabix, and then a bottle at night. But you will find as they gradually eat more the milk intake will decrease. Hes 18months now and just has 5oz milk at bedtime, then 5oz with his breakfast ;porridge or weetabix etc. i make sure he gets lots of yoghurts, cheeses et. Etc which contain the calcium.

He took almost half a cheese sandwich for dinner, is that enough?

My lo has one slice of bread (two squares) with dairylea, philadelphia, grated cheese etc whichever one we have. I always give him yoghurts too or fromage frais!

Yeah I am going to give him a fruit pot too, as he seems peckish x

My son is same age and he has two bottles of toddler milk and cows milk in his breakfast you need to stop giving him the jars or at least move up a stage if you are worried he isn't eating he won't let himself starve so keep trying normal food or mashed have you tried making your own i gave my son sweet potato mash and fish in butter sauce mashed up a little so he could take it better x

26 weeks pregnant. Team yellow too hope to find out peanuts sex on 26th march x

My lo up until a month or so ago refused homecooking but eould eat those toddler meals, from 12months+.
now, he has a toddler meal max once or twice a week and the rest home cooking. If i make mash potato for a cottage pie for example. I do sweet potato, parsnip and regular potato mash... That way he gets extra veg rather than just normal mash. The transition from diff stage jars is hard for them and initially my lo refused or spat out, but i kept at it, so he was constantly on the right stage jar iykwim.... Also try more finger foods, even if he doesnt eat them but just has a play he will get there eventually! Good luck, amd i know its hard and stressful xxx

my little man is 14months and has 2 weetabix in a morning with pureed fruit ontop and cows milk, he has a main meal at lunch which ive made, i usually make a chicken dinner with veg and mash it with a fork to get him used to chewing properly now. I freeze about 10m portions to last us a while. he has a fruit pot afterwards. During the afternoon he has a snack maybe raisins or a biscuit. For tea he may have a full sandwich with cheese spread or a meat paste or pasta with a tomatoe sauce or spaghetti. Then at bed time he has 7oz of cows milk.

My son won't eat sandwiches i have tried all sorts of filling.s but he tends to eat more off the spoon at the minute x he goes through phases x

26 weeks pregnant. Team yellow too hope to find out peanuts sex on 26th march x

I have to admit, I dont cook, its my partner who cooks, but he is out working a lot as he is a chef, i will try the things you all have said and see how it goes. I mean my HV told me at 11months old, as soon as hes one take him off the formula straight onto cows milk, only as a juice and in his cereals, no tinned/jar foods, home cooking and the likes of tinned spaghetti hoops,etc, he refuses the tinned spaghetti hoops/macaroni's etc. Basically, he get's 6oz cows milk in the morning with cows milk in his breakfasts, lunchtime he gets soup/1slice of bread with cheese, or cold meat(he takes around 1/4 to just off the full sandwich) with juice, then mid afternoon fruit pot or biscuit and 6oz cows milk, then dinner is either heinz's foods (4month+ or 1 of the 7month+ boxed foods, bearing in mind he still refuses the 7month+ one sometimes)or soup. Then a yoghurt or fruit pot. Then before bed 6oz cows milk.

Does it sound like he's eating enough and like things are ok?

I mean I have tried him with sweet potatos, curries (child friendly lol), soup with bread in it, pasta's,etc but he just refuses them all.

When myself and my partner sit down to a meal, i.e steak, if you cut him little bits off, he sits and eats it, same with chicken, etc. I mean as soon as he see's us with our plates he dashes over wanting your dinner.

Does he eat with you ? If not start sitting together and eating all with the same food x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back