Maccy D's

I'm fairly strict when it comes to what Noa eats. I'm not saying I will ban McDonald's n take aways but I will not introduce it to him. Same with sweets n sweet things. When he start asking for it its diferent, but until that I don't see the point. I don't think its extremely unhealthy with McDonald's but I don't think its proper food n it don't do u any good. Especially nuggets and stuff that is hardly any meat in it, I would be ok with Noa tasting burger but not deep fat fried chips and nuggets.

I try not to judge others parenting but I'm sure I'm one of them giving an evil eye, I will really try to stop xx

While I know you give Noa a varied diet etc I thought I would just point out that my mum never gave me sweet things when I was a baby because my older brother was overweight. I now don't like anything sweet and am a really fussy eater! My not liking sweet things rules out all fruit (except lemons), and all root veg as they are sweet. I also can't have anything with onions or tomatoes in which rules out a lot of things like stews/pizza/spag bol.
While I'm glad I don't like sweets and chocolates, I really wish my tastebuds hadn't gone to such drastic measures!!!

But I've never met anyone (except my younger brother lol) who is the same, so we're obviously just a bit of an extreme :)

Thanks everyone for making me feel better about the nuggets! :)

I totally understand when you say about the not having sweet things meant not wanting fruits etc. Paige has a massive sweet tooth (Im trying to calm it down atm) which means fruit is a huuuge part of her diet. I guess even if you try to curb the sweet tooth and aversion to sweets and chocolate its going to come out at some point or hinder you. Theres no winning!

I'm fairly strict when it comes to what Noa eats. I'm not saying I will ban McDonald's n take aways but I will not introduce it to him. Same with sweets n sweet things. When he start asking for it its diferent, but until that I don't see the point. I don't think its extremely unhealthy with McDonald's but I don't think its proper food n it don't do u any good. Especially nuggets and stuff that is hardly any meat in it, I would be ok with Noa tasting burger but not deep fat fried chips and nuggets.

I try not to judge others parenting but I'm sure I'm one of them giving an evil eye, I will really try to stop xx

While I know you give Noa a varied diet etc I thought I would just point out that my mum never gave me sweet things when I was a baby because my older brother was overweight. I now don't like anything sweet and am a really fussy eater! My not liking sweet things rules out all fruit (except lemons), and all root veg as they are sweet. I also can't have anything with onions or toj.matoes in which rules out a lot of things like stews/pizza/spag bol.
While I'm glad I don't like sweets and chocolates, I really wish my tastebuds hadn't gone to such drastic measures!!!

But I've never met anyone (except my younger brother lol) who is the same, so we're obviously just a bit of an extreme :)

I give Noa fruits n " sweet" vegs but not chocolate, sweet puddings, chips, crisps and other less healthy things. I just really don't see the point. He is over the moon when I give a satsumas so he gets treats that's treats title him. When he asks for something I will let him try and in a couple of years I'm sure we will have our Saturday as sweets day but before he's old enough to know the diference, I will do my best for him to be healthy ( I'm not saying your babies are not healthy )
I'm overweight, perhaps that's why I'm careful and I don't see no harm in it.

We don't do mcdonalds but Tegan has tried kfc when we've been there, as a treat i don't see the problem she doesn't have sweet things other than fruit but that's due to her allergies more than anything!
augustmum Tegan is also proper obsessed with blueberrys, so expensive now though 2.99 in Tesco earlier for just over 100g x

Last edited:
Charley has his juice in a fruit shoot bottle as it's the only thing that doesn't leak. I haven't thought about people giving me funny looks about fruit shoot! Well at least I know it's not lol xxx

I wouldn't worry I read in one of them chat mags a women had four kids didn't work niether did her fella. (got no objection to that at all as me and my partner don't work) but she fed all her kids on junk food and take aways as she didn't like cooking and found it easier.

I think these people put out a bad image of the rest of the people on benefit you get sterotyped.

As for maccys my son has had a nibble on a chip last time I was in there but I barely go because it makes me ill everytime I have one.... (cold burgers etc)

I personally love mcdonnalds :) but I've seen what they do with the food and my grow d worked at 1 part time while on her uni break.id not feed it to Dylan until he's able to ask for it but he is more than happy to have a fruit bag when I go which is very rarely with him.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

I quite like mcd's as well when I go, but the thought of it makes ms feel ill if that makes sense. I don't think I'd ever take my kid in there until they were old enough to ask just because I'd be worried about the looks I'd get. And why introduce them to it? And I know it's troally wrong but when I walk past and see very young babies in high chairs eating happy meals I do Judge... But no beccky, of course a chicken Nugget isn't wrong! Everything in moderation...

Henry has a mcd's maybe once a month...and if he doens't have a mcd's it's either kfc or burger king :/ We have either one once a month so he share's ours with us :) I just get my chip's unsalted.

Marley ate some of my burger king chips the other day! couldnt belive it as he wont eat my home made oven ones or sweet potato chips! lol. i dont see a problem every now and again whatsoever, but i wont be making a habit of it!

I would prob do the same but my mum gave h a mac d's chip when I asked her not to and he was sick everywhere!I don't think fried food goes down well with him!

Augustmum h goes crazy for blueberries I got a huge tub from Costco for £4.99 and they've lasted ages!h has taken a shine to tomberries (tiny blueberry sized tomatoes) he loves his fruit!

I personally am going to wait until Jack is at least a year before he tries 'junk food'. It's just my thing though (I also have a thing about babies who can't walk wearing shoes!). I'd never give anybody a dirty look for giving their little one's McDonalds, they're their babies not mine! :) x

speaking of macdonalds I have a craving hehe x Its just food at the end of the day like all the other crap thats out there. If you ban it they want it more so many as well treat it as a treat now and again x

But does a 8month old understand a McDonald's treat? Or r they just as happy with raspberries or something similar?
Noa don't have a clue about McDonald's so why introduce it? When he's old enough to ask me if we can Ho, its diference.
Your right there is so much crap out there and in my opinion its your responsibillity as a parent to make sure they eat well and good as long as you can.

Tbh charley would prefer fruit to a mcdonnalds anyway! Lacey was the same, would always pick fruit over chocolate etc, I think she likes mcdonnalds now because it was a forbidden food when she was younger iyswim!

But does a 8month old understand a McDonald's treat? Or r they just as happy with raspberries or something similar?
Noa don't have a clue about McDonald's so why introduce it? When he's old enough to ask me if we can Ho, its diference.
Your right there is so much crap out there and in my opinion its your responsibillity as a parent to make sure they eat well and good as long as you can.

I agree. it not something we do as a family anyway. we want O to say when he's older that going to our fave thai noodle bar is his fave treat :) gonna be a v strict mummy when it comes to macds and similar cos I hate it! (but when I'm massively hungover I have a guilty binge and feel so dirty after lol!)

when we have a mcdonnalds dylan has their fruit bags. he loves em! and means he still eating with us so hes not wanting ours

i want a big mac now! this thread keeps popping back up in user cp. hmm tomorrow i think its mc ds time! will try marley with the fruit bag see if he eats it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back