Dinner ideas

Manda&Thomas

Reaction score
Does anyone have any dinner ideas of what i can give Thomas for his dinner everyday.
He is now eating whole meals instead of jars and he eats ALOT

If we are having something homecooked stew/casserole/curry/roast ect he will have that to but on the days where we have things like pizza/takeaway/pies ect that he cant have im stuck for ideas

He usualy has fishcakes and peas with sweetcorn
Sauasages with 2/3 veg
Fish fingers with veg
Chicken fillet (fresh) with veg

I dont want to give him chips with his dinner as he has a few of ours when we have dinner and the meals have to contain veg (any veg he eats them all)
The meals also have to contain 1 type of meat (again any hes not fussy)
None of the meals can have cheese.

Are chicken nuggets any good for kids or are they a big no-no?
can i make my own cheaply?
im after little meals for him not dinner ideas for all of us so just something he can eat 2-3 times a week
Oh and he doesnt like things like smily faces/potato stars things like that

Any ideas welcome
Thanks in advance :)
xx

fish pie, lasagna, tomato pasta bake? Sausages (you can get the small ones from asda can wee willy winkies lol), pork casserole? salmon?

Both mine have chicken dippers, fish fingers etc.. Just in moderation.

Babylicious said:
fish pie, lasagna, tomato pasta bake? Sausages (you can get the small ones from asda can wee willy winkies lol), pork casserole? salmon?

Both mine have chicken dippers, fish fingers etc.. Just in moderation.

Thanks hun i no they are making loads of things like dippers ect low salt and everything now so il give them a try if they are ok :) :hug:
xx

harrison eats sausages beans and toast for his main meal sometimes too :)

I personally wouldn't give nuggets, but then I wouldn't eat them either as I watched Jamie's school Dinners and he showed what is in them!

I make my own and they are so easy! I just cut the chicken breasts into chunks/strips, coat in egg and then coat in crushed cornflakes (my DH is allergic to wheat) you could use breadcrumbs or crushed Jacob's cream crackers instead. If you make a load with fresh (not previously frozen) chicken you can then wrap the individually in cling film and freeze them, just defrost before you cook them. LO and DH have got them for tea tonight!

How about pasta and tomato sauce? You can make a batch of tomato sauce up and freeze in Thomas sized portions, then you just have to defrost them and cook the pasta. I usually add peppers and courgettes to my sauce so that we get a bit extra veg.

Why don't you make an extra portion when you make a homemade meal and freeze it that way you will have a supply of homemade ready meals!

Can you tell that I make and freeze a lot?!!

Last edited:
wow some great ideas there.
with regards to freezing a thomas sized portion of home-made meals when i cook them, he eats the same sized meals as a 5 year old lol :oops:
so once ive done ours and his there is nothing left :(
but loving the tomato and pasta idea
and the chicken nuggets sound yummy will buy some bits for making them friday i might have loads of questions for you as im a terrible cook haha
thanks both of you
xx

Manda&Thomas said:
wow some great ideas there.
with regards to freezing a thomas sized portion of home-made meals when i cook them, he eats the same sized meals as a 5 year old lol :oops:
so once ive done ours and his there is nothing left :(
but loving the tomato and pasta idea
and the chicken nuggets sound yummy will buy some bits for making them friday i might have loads of questions for you as im a terrible cook haha
thanks both of you
xx

No worries let me know if you want to know anything else - I can't take the credit fir the nuggets though they are an annabel karmel recipe.

leland loves veggie fingers , turkey drummers , haddock fish fingers , scambled egg beans and toast lol , tonight he had chinese chicken kebabs ! ( well he actually pinched some of ours lmao ) , stir fry !!!!! spag bol etc

Meatballs are good. Chop an onion, add to raw beef mince, a few herbs of your choice, a handful of breadcrumbs. Mix together (or whiz down if you want a smoother consistency) then roll into little balls about the size of a malteser, and coat in some plain flour. Brown them off in a frying pan with some olive oil, and then I tend to finish them in the oven for about 15 mins as otherwise they can stick together.

I serve mine with pasta and veggies - you could add some tomato sauce if you liked, or could even go with baked beans or spaghetti.

You can make plenty of these with just one packet of mince, once cooked stick them in the freezer and just take out when required. :D

thanks girls :D
gem the stir fry and chicken kebabs sound great although i dont think il give Thomas them on sticks haha he will have his eyes out :)

sunnyday those meatballs sound lovely i wasnt aware you could freeze them, hubby tried cooking his own meatballs the other week but they were a bit of a disater will try it your way
thanks
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back