Low platelets - worried

Nic36

Reaction score
Had my 28 week bloods taken yesterday, and have been told today that my platelet levels have dropped quite low (now 119, started at 181) and so I have to have them taken again in a week to see if they are still falling, and see the consultant again.

I am now really worried as they don't know whether it is pregnancy related or hereditary. My Dad had a blood disorder which eventually resulted in him dying of leukaemia. If it is hereditary, then the baby may also have low platelets, etc.

Has anyone else been told their platelets are low? What implications might this have and is there anything I should be doing to try and raise the levels?

I thought things were going too well... Now I am worried... :(

Oh I'm sorry hun I don't know :( really hope everything is okay :hug: x

Its not much help hun, but I do know that it makes you bleed more than normal x x

On a pregnancy group that I am on FB it says, if its really low you might not be able to have a c-section or Epidural. The girl on there said she has been advised to make sure she has plenty of protein in her diet and drink plenty.
I don't know anything about it, but if you want me to copy and paste what was put, just let me know x x

Yes please, lilmoomin, that would be really helpful. Thank you.

Right, this is all that was said, hope it helps & you can understand it better than I can! I was going to remove the names but then its kinda hard to figure out when its a different person that has wrote. X x

[Removed by Admin]

Thanks so much for that! I have been googling but probably shouldn't have. Will just have to keep my fingers crossed that bloods don't continue to drop as I don't want to rule out the option of an epidural. X

Thanks so much for that! I have been googling but probably shouldn't have. Will just have to keep my fingers crossed that bloods don't continue to drop as I don't want to rule out the option of an epidural. X

I really hope they don't continue to drop, i'm sure your consultant will be able to shed more light on it for you! My midwife banned me from google, she said it always tells you about the scary & bad sides of something, but never the good sides of it! Hope its not long before you see the consultant & get some answers x x

I am due to have more bloods next monday to see how they have changed in seven days, and then see the consultant on tuesday for results. You're right about google... It can make you think the worst, and I really need to steer clear of it. Really should just wait and see what happens next week. Thanks again! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back