Platelets low?

cyprusare

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I have had a repeat blood test this week and they have found that my platelets are low. They are supposed to be between 150 and 400 and mine were 118. The midwife didn't seem to know what this would mean - just more blood tests to check my platelets?!
So, I have another blood test booked in two weeks time and an appointment at the hospital just after to talk about the results with a consultant (i think)
Has anyone had this? I have done a search and found that it means I probably won't be able to have an epidural - not that I had made any decision either way! The midwife didn't seem very concerned (or knowledgeable) Can anyone enlighten me any more?
Thanks
x

(Ps - loads of luck and babydust to all of those due now-ish! Inc... Rowesb, RM Tiny and Inky):dust:

hi, i had really low platelets during my pregnancy, as low as 57 at times, they told me i might have needed a blood transfusion if i didnt stop bleeding when i had my daughter who is now 10months old, i had to have so many blood tests it was horrid, they did a final one when i was in labour and they were fine, but my midwife or health visitors didnt know why or really much about it, dont worry yourself about it , im sure it will be fine

poppy

Thanks for your reply. I'm not hugely concerned as the midwife seemed not concerned at all!! I'm just glad that I don't mind having my blood taken - my hubby would be useless!! :)
Can i ask Poppy - when they took the blood test when you were in labour, were your platelets back to normal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back