Low platelet count?

tania

Reaction score
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has been told they have a low platelet count from a blood test during pregnancy? I had blood taken yesterday at my midwife appointment then got a phone call last night asking me to go in and see them again as platelet count is low. Apparently this affects your blood clotting so can be dangerous as if you bleed during the birth it would be harder to stop it (I think!)

Just a bit concerned as they called me so quickly after the blood test being done and have to go back in tomorrow.

Anyone had anything similar?

T x

Hi Tania

I had this in my first round of blood tests, had a letter sent out straight away. They re-test your bloods to check the levels because you are correct in saying your platelet level can affect the way your blood clots. My platelet levels are now away up and at what they should be but they will keep monitoring it for you. It's something that can be controlled so try not to worry.

Thanks for that! Spent the afternoon at the hospital today being monitored and having more bloods taken, have to go back in on Saturday for yet more blood tests. Apparently my platelet count has halved since November/December, fingers crossed it comes back up again quick!

Hopefully it will, mine went back up in the space of 4 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back