Low immune system, advice please!!!

Kerrieanne

Reaction score
I'm currently in my sixth week of pregnancy and have a terrible cold. It's totally taking it out of me and I have been in bed all day!! I know I can't take much for it but paracetomol and vitamins.

Is it dangerous for the baby to have a virus of this kind I was told when u are pregnant your immune system can be really low, has anyone else experienced this?

I've sent the hubby out for fruit juices and fruit and things to keep my energy up.

Not only do I have a cold but I sneezed earlier and pulled my neck out. Starting to feel nauseous too. I feel so ill.

Should I be concerned?

hey hun, i was unwell during early pregnancy so looked into it a lot. a cold wont' do any harm, the only thing (other than things such as swine flu) that i could find may cause problems was a high temperature. i was in hospital for 5 days with glandular fever and for 4 days had a very high temperature, had a scan after and everything was fine so i really dont think u have anything to worry about. xx

Our immune systems run low the whole way through pregnancy :( I currently have a tummy bug which I don't know where I got it from cos I haven't been anywhere to get it :(

I think it's important for us to get as many vitamins etc as we can. Bubs is probably fine, it's us that bear the brunt of the illness, they just carry on happy as larry (positivity is proof of this :hug: )

Flu etc is especially dangerous for pregnant women, flu jabs start in 3 months, I must remember to book in when I go to midwife actch xx

Last edited:
i haven't been so bad this time but when i was pregnant with my son i had loads of cold especially at the beginning i've never had a good immune system but never hurt the baby just made me feel like crap! hope you feel better soon x

Flu etc is especially dangerous for pregnant women, flu jabs start in 3 months, I must remember to book in when I go to midwife actch xx

Very good point Princess..........

In fact they start in September, so thats only 2 months away - forgot it's july now :faint:

I'll be starting a thread nearer the time anyway. Having seen two pregnant ladies with swine flu I can vouch that it is NOT NICE.

Not nice for pregnant women or anyone else for that matter.

Thank you for your advice and experiences girls. Even though I feel positively crap I've been resting well, keeping up my fluid intake and currently trying to keep my temperature down with a cold flannel. Will take a trip to the doctors tomorrow just for a check up. Hope I feel better in the morning?

ThNks again xx

i know i mentioned the high temp thing but try not to worry, i honestly had a temp through the roof non stop for four days and all is finexxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back