Losing Weight before TTC?

ali13

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone is losing weight before they TTC? I have a very high BMI, but my doctor is not worried about it unless I can't get pregnant after a while of TTC.

I would like to lose some more weight by eating healthier and thought if anyone else was trying we could give it a bash together!

Happy Friday :)

I need to, I'm in the mid 40's BMI wise (curse being a short arse :lol: ) I need to focus on what I'm eating, re-start my food diary etc up.

Hi :wave:

Yay glad there is someone else wanting to do this too.

My BMI is about 37 at the mo. I have lost a stone, but extremely slowly! I hope to start TTC in a few months, so am hoping to get my BMI under 35 before that. I have 11 pounds to get there!

Thinking I might plan some meals for next week tomorrow. I'm going to try and write everything down!!

We can do this! xx

Hi I'm trying to lose weight before ttc its the only thing holding me back at the moment, my last pregnancy I was 20stone when I got pregnant and had a very healthy text book pregnancy and birth but I don't want to risk it again as I might not be so lucky this time, I want to try to lose 4 stone just by exercising more and eating more carefully, I'm a terrible binge eater when I'm stressed so trying to curb that!!!

Hi I'm trying to lose weight before ttc its the only thing holding me back at the moment, my last pregnancy I was 20stone when I got pregnant and had a very healthy text book pregnancy and birth but I don't want to risk it again as I might not be so lucky this time, I want to try to lose 4 stone just by exercising more and eating more carefully, I'm a terrible binge eater when I'm stressed so trying to curb that!!!

Hi! That is a great plan hun. Its great to hear you had a good pregnancy before, I need to lose a lot of weight too but figured I'd start small!

I'm off to a bums and tums class this morning, and off food shopping for the week later! Xxx

Well I didn't do very well over the weekend, my bums and tums class was cancelled and then i did some baking...such a mistake! lol.

Oh well, back on track today!

How are you today? xx

Well I didn't do very well over the weekend, my bums and tums class was cancelled and then i did some baking...such a mistake! lol.

Oh well, back on track today!

How are you today? xx

Oops! Fresh day today.

I am feeling massively exhausted; going to the GP about my ankle in a bit and then need to dig out my food diary book again.

Well im joining in this post lol just decided i really want to loose weight before i get pregnant :) so today it begins x

I weighed in whilst I was at the drs (only good news I got, ankles still got lots of healing to do :-( ) and I've lost 0.7KG. Which, considering I have been by and large immobile is pretty great!

I am! Not seriously trying though to be honest! Before i got pregnant the first time i got to my 'dream weight'... Then when i got pregnant i put on half a stone (by 12 weeks) i have since miscarried 3 times and still 8lb over my dream weight :( i should take it more seriously but can't get motivated xxx

when i was pregnant with my daughter i lost nearly 2 stone lol wasnt nice though it was due to really bad morn sickness the whole 42 weeks of it haha

Well im joining in this post lol just decided i really want to loose weight before i get pregnant :) so today it begins x
Welcome and good luck!

I weighed in whilst I was at the drs (only good news I got, ankles still got lots of healing to do :-( ) and I've lost 0.7KG. Which, considering I have been by and large immobile is pretty great!
LJY that is great well done! It is so hard when you can't do as much as you are used to.

I am! Not seriously trying though to be honest! Before i got pregnant the first time i got to my 'dream weight'... Then when i got pregnant i put on half a stone (by 12 weeks) i have since miscarried 3 times and still 8lb over my dream weight :( i should take it more seriously but can't get motivated xxx
Hi Lou, Sorry to hear about your mc's. Sometimes losing that last few pounds is so hard. Your motivation will come back to you, fingers crossed for you hun x

Sorry I have been awol the last few days...it's because I have been bad. lol. I blame the baking at the weekend, I have just been a pig ever since. This was not the plan. I totally need some motivation too at the moment! I think a nice walk tonight to clear my head might help.xxx

when i was pregnant with my daughter i lost nearly 2 stone lol wasnt nice though it was due to really bad morn sickness the whole 42 weeks of it haha

Oh no I'm not sure I could manage that! At least you get something amazing out of it at the end :)

I've been really good this week yippee :) I've even been to the seaside for 2 days and resisted the temptation of all the junk food!!! However I am doing a shed load of baking on Friday for a charity garden party so I should imagine I won't be feeling smug for much longer!!!!!!!!!!

Oh no I'm not sure I could manage that! At least you get something amazing out of it at the end :)

I sympathise with you nfeeney i had hypremesis gravidarium too it's not pleasant and there are defo more pleasant ways to lose weight lol but I guess cos you dont have a choice you kind of just get on with it, being sick just became second nature and part of my routine lol, I never went anywhere without a freezer bag to be sick in and I had those cardboard sick bowls you get in hospital scattered round my house so I was never more than a metre from one!!!!! And ali13 your right the end result makes it sooooooo worth it!! :dance:

A little bit of good news is definitely better than no good news :) well done on your weightless :)

I've been really good this week yippee :) I've even been to the seaside for 2 days and resisted the temptation of all the junk food!!! However I am doing a shed load of baking on Friday for a charity garden party so I should imagine I won't be feeling smug for much longer!!!!!!!!!!

Well done hun! Baking is what derailed me last weekend, can you bake something you don't really like? I have done my shopping and only bought the biscuits that hubby likes in the hope I won't want to eat them!! lol. x

I have a load of weight to lose, but I'm not going to concentrate on "losing weight" - but on "healthy eating". That's what I did with my last pregnancy. I'd been eating healthy for about 8 weeks when I got pregnant (only TTC for 4 months altogether. Then in the first trimester - all I could eat without throwing up was bad food!!! Healthy stuff was out the window. However, I had gestational diabetes and was forced to get back to healthy stuff in the second trimester. The last time I was weighed at 38 weeks, I'd put on 9lb from when I was weighed at 12 weeks - and the baby was half an oz until 7lb!!

Anyhoo, starting Monday my health eating begins again - as the last pill packet starts then too so I was to get ready!!!

I have a load of weight to lose, but I'm not going to concentrate on "losing weight" - but on "healthy eating". That's what I did with my last pregnancy. I'd been eating healthy for about 8 weeks when I got pregnant (only TTC for 4 months altogether. Then in the first trimester - all I could eat without throwing up was bad food!!! Healthy stuff was out the window. However, I had gestational diabetes and was forced to get back to healthy stuff in the second trimester. The last time I was weighed at 38 weeks, I'd put on 9lb from when I was weighed at 12 weeks - and the baby was half an oz until 7lb!!

Anyhoo, starting Monday my health eating begins again - as the last pill packet starts then too so I was to get ready!!!

Hi Lou! That is great you hardly gained anything in your pregnancy!

Good luck today with your first of your last pill packet!! I have the mirena coil fitted and want to start ttc at the end of October - eek so close now! I was told my fertility should return to normal almost straight away, so will maybe give myself a few weeks to settle back to normality!!

I lost 2lbs this week, am hoping to do the same again this week x

Hi everyone, can I join? I have a long wait until I TTC (about 2 yrs) but I have a lot of weight to lose! I weighed myself this morning and I was 20 stone 3lb - ouch! I'm going to Portugal in May so this is acting as a big motivator too!

I have no excuses, I'm just greedy! Lol so I look forward to us all getting skinny together! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back