Looks like I won't b having anti natal classes after all!!

lrb

Reaction score
Had my classes booked and was going 13th feb for a one off session 11-5 with oh. Then breast feeding classes 5th march by myself! So got a call saying the anti natal classes r over booked and I'm being moved onto next class!! Baring in mind I'm due 17th march the class they booked me onto is 12th march!!!!! I'm 19 and a first time mum, I was really looking forward to these classes and hoped they would help! I may even b having a c section so wouldn't make it anyway!!! It's so crap! I bet there are 30 year old second time patents going but yet someone like me gets moved and no doubt wont even make the class!
Sucks! , sorry lol

OMG! Thats pretty bad considering its your first baby! I wouldn't be happy, surely there has to be someone that is due later than you that they could swap round? xxx

Ahhh that sucks! Can you not ring back hun and explain your due date and see if they can cancel somebody else who isn't due at that time instead? X

You never know, I have mine booked for the 2nd March, and I am due on the 16th. Just call them and ask if someone cancels please can you have their place. Also say that you are due for a c-section, and would like to go to the BF, as you believe this is important.

When she told me new date I laughed and said r u joking? She said I'm so sorry there is no one else I can ask, we're well over booked!! I've asked to be contacted if anyone cancels not like there will be anyone but she said then the list for call backs is getting big!! Great! She did offer a sooner class, 2nd march but out of the town that I live in! I don't drive and it's miles away!!

Oh no thats awful, Like the girls have said you should try and call back and explain your situation and see if they can move you to another earlier one

Hope you get something sorted out hun xx

Do your midwives not do an antenatal class? Mine do 4 classes 2 hours each for when your around 30 weeks pregnant. They have been fab and are free x

Last edited:
It's them that are doing these classes I think x

Could you just turn up? I doubt they'd turn you away and I'll bet they aren't 100% attended anyways.

Maybe just play dumb? Lol

It does suck though :hug:

Lol I dunno I could, but oh has to get it off work so if we turned up n got turned away he wouldn't get the next class off. God it sucks
Lol

Thats terrible! i thought at first mine were a bit late in the day being 23rd feb and 1st march when i'm due 22nd!

I was 18 when I has my First baby and I did go to the classes, my birth went well and everything they teach just came natural anyway, my MW thought id done the classes. I didnt get offered the BF classes but im sure the MW HV will help you out and there are loads of BF club to go to with LO where the are trained BF people and they really help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back