To Infinity ... and beyond!

monster_munch

Reaction score
To Infinity... and Beyond
The diary of a 'Green Bean'

07 July 2007

Mummy knows I exist. She did a pregnancy test at 10DPO and it was positive. Mummy thinks I am due on the 19th of March 2008!
Let the roller coaster begin!

09 July 2007

Mummy joins 1st tri on the forum. She is constipated and is already addicted to prunes!

18 July 2007

Mummy has a hospital appointment for the lump she found on the 4th of June. They were not worried but did mentino that being pregnant can cause it to grow so she will need to go back to her doctor once I have popped out.

03 August 2007

Mummy has her first MW appointment at 7+3 weeks. They ask herlots of boring questions and then do a blood test. She was very brave (Not) and has a scan booked to meet me for the first time and double check her dates.

07 September 2007

Mummy and Daddy saw me :) and apparently I'm a week older than Mummy thought. I am due on the 12th of March 2008 - my Crown to Rump length is 70mm!

19 September 2007

Mummy had her 15 weeks appointment with the midwife today. She declined to have the Triple Test done (I think she was just too scared to have another blood test really) and asked the midwife about having a homebirth. She was very supportive and said that she would talk to my Dadddy at our next appointment as he isn't too keen on the idea.

25 October 2007

Mummy and Daddy saw me for the 2nd time today. I'm looking good, and Mummy and Daddy decided they didn't want to know if I am a little girl or boy just yet. That's fine by me and I'm feeling a little shy today. By my dates I am 20+1 weeks. My head circumference measures 178mm (20+2wks),my femur length is 32mm (19+6wks) and my abdominal circumference is 139cm (19+2wks)

19 December 2007

We had our 28 week MW appointment today. Time is really flying - Mummy and Daddy can feel me kicking and wriggling about all the time now.
Mummy had a blood test to check her iron levels and she had the dreaded anti-D injection. Mummy said it really hurt but she is such a baby - I wouldn't have made such a fuss.

30 January 2008

We had our 34 week MW check-up today. More blood tests and another anti-D jab. Mummy said this one hurt a lot more than the last one. How is she going to push me out if she thinks a little injection hurts. Silly woman! Although she is full of cold and has had it for about a month now so if she eats lots of yummy chocolate I may forgive her.

14 February 2008

We had our 36 week check up today at home. Very exciting for Mummy as the midwife said she would be bringing the homebirth kit round in 4 days time!

27 February 2008

38 week check up today. Everything is OK and I'm lying in a great position ready to be born.

12 March 2008

It's my due date today... we have a check-up with the MW who checks Mummy internally to see what's going on. The answer is nothing. Mummy's cervix is very posterior and the MW wasn't able to do a stretch and sweep. I will come out when I am ready - I did not like them trying to invade me so I wriggled a lot and kicked Mummy extra hard for the rest of the day.

19 March 2008

I am a week late already. We have our 41 week check at the MW's where they do another internal. Nothing has changed at all and they are still unable to do a stretch and sweep (I really don't want to come out yet - it's too cold) Mummy says that she doesn't want to be induced so the MW books her in for a scan and CTG at 42 weeks to make sure I am OK. I have until midnight on the 24th of March to be born at home.

22 March 2008

Mummy is up all night because I decided to let her have some mild contractions. SHe gets really excited that I am coming and that she will get her homebirth, but then I change my mind and decide I'm staying put. Mummy threatens to "come in and get me out" but I know that's not possible so I go back to sleep.

24 March 2008

Mummy calls the midwife out to come and try and give her another sweep. Unfortunately (for her - hahaha) there is no change and the midwife says that her cervix is still really long and firm and so far behind my head that it will probably take a pessary or two to shift it.
Mummy is very upset with me and Daddy takes her out to cheer her up.
Mummy and Daddy invite some good freinds round for tea - Mummy nearly wees herself laughing so much (serves her right) but it is good as she finds out some nice things about her hospital so she is not as worried now.

Thats wicked monster munch, you ought to print it and pop in green beans book when it finally decides to come out!

do you think maybe your original date was right and you're really only 6 days late? :think:

muppetmummy said:
do you think maybe your original date was right and you're really only 6 days late? :think:

Personally yes - and have said so to DH pretty much from my 12 week scan - however they have to go by my scan EDD so according to everyone that matters I am 13 days late :(

ETA - especially as that would mean I got my BFP at 3DPO as I know when I ovulated.

Still, hopefully it will mean there are no problems tomorrow and I can just go on waiting :roll: :lol:

Thats really good MM.

How long will they leave you before they insist on starting you off or does that depend on the scan. :think:

My midwife has said they will induce you at term + 10 and only let you go term + 14 if you are really against it. Just curious now.

They will let me keep going on and on until there is either a problem or I go into labour.

There is no **end date** as such :)

OOoooooo good luck MM :hug: :hug:
Im glad you feel more reassured about your hospital :hug:

Looking forward to hearing your 'news' very soon (did you hear that little one!! :wink: )

:hug:

muppetmummy said:

I was thinking that!!

Excellent little diary though Monster Munch :clap:

That's so lovely :hug: :) :hug: I think you should keep it in a safe place for your LO :hug:

I had a long labour with Isaac mm, a little like what you're experienceing, and I too wanted to birth at home, but ended up in hospital. Just wanted to say that I found the staff and wards very friendly and full of other Mummy's, so not as 'bad' as I thought they may be...just wanted to say I wish you well really, and I am sorry you're homebirth didn't happen as hoped but I hope it doesn't dwell for you either, keep talking about your feelings and know what's done is best for you and baby, sorry for going on, just wanted to send a smile and some :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Very very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back