Long names

Mumma2B2010

Reaction score
I'm a fan of long names and I'm planning on calling my baby a long name, what are your opinions on long names? I really would like to call my baby a long name I was just wondering what your thoughts are on them.

I think they're great. Depends if you don't mind people shortening it as i find it tends to happen with most names. When i chose the name Dominic for my 2nd son (i know it isn't that long but still lol) I thought about the shortened version. I love the name Dom so i dont mind when people shorten his name at all.

I love the name Elianna but won't have it as i know it will get shortened to Ellie which i'm not fussed on.

Depends if you got dicispline to keep the long names and make sure everyone keeps to it really!

What were you thinking of?

I like long names too (although have chosen a very short first name with longer middle name) x what're your ideas? x

My names Antonia, obviously shortened to Toni but my parents insisted I was Antonia but I decided to drop it. So I think you'll find it's up to the child as they get older if they want it shortened. But I do love long names and would want one for my child, think it's nice for them to have a choice

Alexandra is lovely and I like Alex too for a girl
Stephanie
Maddison
Guinevere

Last edited:
Not too many long names! My mum had two middle names that were family surnames (hope that makes sense) that were also quite lengthy in themselves so she ended up with 9 syllables in her maiden name, 8 in her married name. Needless to say she has dropped her middle names because they don't actually fit on any standard paperwork. The only places her full name apppears is on the electoral roll and the likes!

I love long names aswell.. But my parents went overboard, My "Party Trick" is having the longest name in the room. Are ya ready?

Elizabeth-Ann Rose Louise Fuller Victoria Benfield - is my maiden name

And it gets even longer with my married name , swap Benfield for MacKenzie >.<

17 syllabuls, beat that :p

Last edited:
Does anyone remember that game you used to play at school, think it was called red letter day, where someone called out a letter and if it was in your name you got to take a step forward? And the first person to the wall won?
I always won that with my Rebecca Elska Simone Manson lol :) Beats Amy Brown any day :p

Does anyone remember that game you used to play at school, think it was called red letter day, where someone called out a letter and if it was in your name you got to take a step forward? And the first person to the wall won?
I always won that with my Rebecca Elska Simone Manson lol :) Beats Amy Brown any day :p

WHATS WRONG WITH AMY BROWN AS A NAME?? THAT's MY NAME...:shock:

:rotfl::rotfl:teee heee heee Sorry couldn't help myself , dosn't really match my initials mind (JJ)

Haha after I posted that, I did think I might have offended someone! Nothing wrong with Amy Brown, if there is one on here :p

Haha after I posted that, I did think I might have offended someone! Nothing wrong with Amy Brown, if there is one on here :p

lol i was Amy-Louise Smith b4 getting married now im Collins, but i dropped the louise bit and just kept Amy, people didnt understand that it was double barraled so it just ended up Amy and thats me :)

i want a name that can be shortened tho, my mum specifically picked Amy insted of Rachel which i was going to be so it didnt get shortened and hubster is Craig so he doesnt get shortenend either, and we allways have said our kids with have a nickname, lol

My kids have beautiful long names

Alexander-john
and
issabelle-rose

I love long names aswell.. But my parents went overboard, My "Party Trick" is having the longest name in the room. Are ya ready?

Elizabeth-Ann Rose Louise Fuller Victoria Benfield - is my maiden name

And it gets even longer with my married name , swap Benfield for MacKenzie >.<

17 syllabuls, beat that :p

That is long! LOL

We've chosen quite a long name for our son-Sebastian Alexander. DD is Summer which is longish x x

My name is stephanie lauren my mum loves long names and has shortened all of us like so

Nicholas darryl - Nick

Stephanie lauren - steph or stephie

Joseph andrew - joe

Mattthew connor - matty

My dh family dont have any middle names at all i think our LO is going to end up with three middle names poor child

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back