Long distance journey worry *a bit long*

lulu

Reaction score
Hi, I am driving to my mums in Devon on Thursday (I live the top end of North Yorkshire) and I cant stop worrying about it - really worrying!!!!

I really want to go and see my mum and sister and I haven't been home for a long time. I have been quite down lately and feel like I need an 'injection' of home.

I have driven down by myself before, but that was before I had Jack and I wasn't pregnant.

Usually its all three of us but my OH has to be back at work on Monday, meaning we would have to drive back on Sunday, and originally it was for me to have a break after a bit of a rough time.

I usually drive to my sisters in Worcester, stay there the night and then drive the rest of the way the next day, but she is already at mums, plus I would usually do that on a night time after getting Jack bathed so that he sleeps the whole way.
I am working all day Wednesday and as I get tired its not a good idea to travel Wednesday night anyway.

So... we are travelling down Thursday morning. Trouble is, I cant stop worrying about it, to the point where I think something horrible will happen. I keep thinking of an accident just south of us here on the A1 where a whole family, apart form a 7 yr old boy, was killed due to a van driver who had been drinking the night before, with lack of sleep.

I know if I drive safely and take my time we should be ok, but its other drivers.

I looked at going by plane, train and bus but it was expensive and not really feesable with Jack and all our stuff.

Sorry its long and not sure what advice I am looking for, guess I just needed to share how I'm feeling. (Maybe its my pregnancy hormones!!!)

Just wish I could click my fingers and we were there.

Sorry its long - hope it makes sense.

could you maybe travel a couple of hours on wedneday night then stay over at a hotel? it is a long way...
i drove 3 hours to scotland when i was 28 weeks preg (and three hours back the same day), and i was alright(had my three year old with me too), how long is the journey?

only you will know if you'll manage it, but i think if you do take your time and take plenty of breaks you should be alright.

I could have drove a few hours and stopped at my sisters, even though she isn't there she was going to leave a key. The problem is Im up at 6am tomorrow and got a full day at work ahead of me, wont get back till 7ish and I get really tired by the afternoon!!! so didn't think that was a good idea. I cant afford a hotel.

On my directions it says 5hrs 19 mins but I guess that's without stopping travelling at 70mph.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back