At Long Long Last!!!!

sarahking

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Finally got my Scan appointment (1st official one) throught the post this morn! Its on Wednesday at 9.10 Very excited although slightly nervous!

It says about finding out babys sex (which im desperate to do!) but also says if baby isnt in mood for showing that they DONT offer a re scan! how tight! anyone else get told this? knowing my luck i will have a shy baby who wont let me know!

Also we have to pay £4 for a scan picture if we want one!! anyone else had to pay or am i being tight and hormonal!? :lol: its going to be an expensive day, parking there alone costs a small fortune! :wink:

sorry to moan, i am excited though!

Sarah xx

Hiya

I have to pay £3 for scan pictures. My hospital will not tell me sex of baby so if I want to find out I have to go private and it will cost me £120

We have to pay £2 for additional scans you get the first one free (or I think you do it is a machine out side with no info on it)

I found out the sex, but it did not want to play, she took the measurements the spent a good 5 min poking it and getting me to cough to get it to move! found out its a boy she was very good! Baby had its legs up to its chest and kept moving so she couldn't see!

Im so excited and so scared at the same time about my scan,
Its on the 2nd of septmeber.

Im not sure what its like everywhere else, but here they do not pick up if anything is wrong with the baby is the 12 week scan, all they do is check if the baby has been growing right and date you.

Im really hopeing to find out the babys sex, its all i can think about right now and its driving me crazy!
If they cant, then im paying to have a private one done, there is no way i can wait till i give birth! lol

as if Leannie, that is so cruel! how come they dont tell y6ou the sex?! :?

Hi

Where I used to live in London they didnt tell you the sex as some people of different religion would be more likely to abort girls. I found out by accident for my second as i was a new sonographer.

It is different here in Eastbourne as they tell you if you want to.

A way of getting your baby to move is whilst on your back (bit embarrassing really) lift your bum of the bed and wiggle your bum side to side. My sonographer made me do that at my 12 week scan so that he could take measurements. So if they cant see what sex the baby is then give it a little wiggle.

i think most hospitals expect a couple of pounds for the pictures, but once you have seen the pics you will find that you would pay anything to have one.

good luck on Wednesday.

x

Hiya

They wont tell you here in Milton Keynes the sex of the baby and the only way you can find out is to pay privately. (which we can ill afford)

The Scan pictures cost £5 and the copies are £2 (which are smaller and not as glossy as the £5 ones)

And Parking is £2 !!!!!

If anyone knows of anyone where cheap around this area we can go and find out the sex please can you let me know.

Thank you
Ragna xxx

Hi

We dont get big glossy pictures. we just get the standard ones that come off on a roll.

I think that if you try and speak to Sami, i think that she comes from that area. could be wrong though.

x

I think its the hospital policy not to tell you. Its probably so they can cover their backs if they get it wrong. Its not fair really as I cant afford to go private. Im doing this on my own so what money I have is going towards pumpkins basic needs material wise at the mo. Hey layla, my scan is on the 1st Sep. How exciting! You will have to let me know how you get on

x x x x

In Lancaster, parking in the hospital car park is £5.00 for the whole day because the hour long ticket doesn't even give enough time to walk to the department and back when you're heavily pregnant. Scan pics are £2.50 each.

When we were pregnant with Callum, we had weekly trips to Manchester St Mary's for scans. It was 8 years ago, but parking was free and right outside the building, and pics were also free - we got quite a collection.

Tracy xx

he he Ragna, are babies are already breaking the bank! guess we have many more years of that to come! :lol: :lol:

did you want to find sex out or are you not that bothered? private scans dont come cheap so guess im lucky in sense that they try there best even if we do only get one attempt!

I will get practicing my bum wriggles Davina in order to try find sex out! fingers crossed but if it doesnt work then guess my baby really doesnt want me to find out just yet! hope it does as i am desperate to buy correct sex clothes (there is only so much white and beige i can cope with!) :wink:

Hi Leannie

I was told by my previous hospital that it was mostly because of a minority group that dont value the life of baby girls, so when they find out they are having a girl they terminate them. In the area where i used to live some of these people would have the scan done private, find out the sex and then go and abort the babies at a late stage on the NHS.

I find that disgusting. A baby is a gift.

x

I have my 20 week scan on weds morning at 9.20, they dont tell you the sex here either I think because of the religion thing and abortions increasing once people are told the sex, how anyone can do that just because it wasnt what they wanted is beyond me. We pay for the pics here they are £3.00 she gave us 2 last time, I think it depends on the person doing it.

Can't wait till weds.

I assume that if your only going for a scan now that you only get a 20 week one whereas some of us get one dating scan and one detailed scan, if thats the case then thats prob why they dont rescan to tell you the sex, budget must be tight and its not a necessity

leannie said:
Hey layla, my scan is on the 1st Sep. How exciting! You will have to let me know how you get on

x x x x

will do hun, let me know how yours goes too
xxx

I feel really lucky now. I can find out the sex if I want, and the photos are free. I can also park on a side street near the hospital (5 minute walk) so wont have to pay. Isn't there a big difference in procedure accross the country!!

hi,

i have my scan on wednesday to at 12pm
good luck

our scan pics down here cost us £6,

sarah
me 22
b/f 23
abigail 20 months
tia 8 months
3rd pregnancy 20 weeks

[link=http://www.baby-gaga.com/][image noborder]http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev001br___.png[/image][/link]

hi girls!

I am new on the 2nd trimester forum, as I am just 14 weeks on the way :)

Just read all your messages and made me realise I don't even know if my hospital tells the sex of babies or not!!! I have my next scan on the 31st of August, which will be the 2nd one in UK (got 2 done in pakistan where I am on holiday at the mo! it's 6 pounds for a scan and you get 2/3 pictures with the print of the heartbeat, it's great!). Otherwise,I am in Aylesbury, Bucks, and parking fees are horrendous and you have to pay £2 per pics, but they gave us one for my first scan on the 6th week!

When is it possible to actually see the sex of our little joys? from which week? I have not yet decided if i want to know... I like surprises but I am not very patient!!! :? quite a dilemna!

For the colour for clothes, we choose yellow, light green, beige, white and grey and red...that goes with boys or girls, I think!

Take care everyone!

Mel xxx

Oh my god I didnt know about the religion thing, how awful. Maybe thats why they dont tell us here. I live in Portsmouth. I really wanted to know sex of baby but think I would rather wait now than pay all that money. I dont mind paying £3 for a copy of my other scans though. I use pulic transport so I dont have to worry about parking fees. I have my dating scan at 16 wks but not sure if I get another one after that. I didnt get booked in with my midwife til I was 12 wks and I dont see her again til Im 20 wks. My dating scan is with the antenatal consultant.

Its 20 wks you can find out the sex.

x x x x

Thanks Leannie for the info! That's what I had in mind, but read in a book that sex organs are actually fully formed by week 13, so it got me confused a little bit!

I have my next scan at 15 weeks instead of 12 weeks, as I am out of the country!!! I don't know if they will offer me another one at 20 weeks!!! it seems very close to each other, and hospital never seem to be very eager to offer scans!!!

Mel xx

You guys are so lucky our hospital charges £3 per hour for parking (your always there for more than an hour) and £5 for a tiny paper pic (about 4 inches square) of your baby which isnt even on decent paper. They only offer pics at the 20 weeks scan too, i will have had 4 scans before my 20 week one and am not allowed to pay for a picture of my bubs.

How tight is that? :evil: also these minorities do not deserve to be allowed children if they abort the girls, its sick and discusting. There are so many childless couples out there that would give their all for a baby that this cant be fair, its plain unjust.

Our babies dont know how lucky they are!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back