Really silly/stupid/unecessary worry!

First time mum

Reaction score
I cant believe I am actually posting this!!!!

For the past week or so, all I can think of (and had dreams about) is after the baby is born and we have visitors at the hospital I cannot stop thinking/worrying that family/friends wil be picking him/her up to have a cuddle and I just keep worrying that they will drop the baby!!!

What is wrong with me???? Talk about over anxious!!. I have one particular friend who I love to bits but she is soo clumsy that I am petrified of her holding the baby!!!!

I kept my thoughts to myself but eventually told my hubby last night and instead of him laughing or thinking I was going mad he calmly said dont worry we'll tell everyone to sit down before they hold him/her.

Does anyone else have these thoughts?? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :doh: :doh: :doh:

I've not really thought about it tbh. I'm sure there are a lot of people who do fret over things like this, but I bet there's VERY few incidents like it. I wouldn't worry about it - you're only feeling what's natural, and that's to protect your baby! :hug:

I didnt think of anything like this when i was pregnant with my 1st, but had alot of thought about it with my 2nd, and my advice is limit who comes to see you at the hospital esp the 1st day, then that way u hopefully will not have loads of people touching wanting to hold ur new bubba. One of my biggest regrets was the 1st time me and my oh seen our daughter together there was also 5 other people there who had come to see Sophie, so when we had Alastair we only let certain people come to hospital to see us.

Try not to worry hun, enjoy being pregnant as it goes so fast :hug: :hug: :hug:

BTW i will have the same rule for this bubba only certain peoplecan come into hospital to see us :hug: :hug: :hug:

With my first baby I was worried about people visiting when I needed to breast feed which put me off breast feeding VERY SILLY! 11 years on and my attitude has changed.

I have been worried this time about my bf and my eldest son holding the baby, only because they are very heavy handed and clumsy :? but I am a worrier and worry about the slightest thing and I'm sure they will be very gentle when the baby arrives.

Your husband sounds very supportive btw :D. I think you'll be so keen to show your baby off when the time comes that the worries you have now will melt away. :hug:

Blame it all on the hormones, that's what I do! Maybe your having these thoughts because you don't feel in control of something. Either way, your OH will be able to ask people to sit down etc and he'll take the pressure off :hug:

I dont have worries that people are going to drop the baby but i have worries that i'm not going to want them to pick him up and tell them not to pick him up. I feel this is going to be a problem as i feel it more towards the MIL :eek: I know i am being totally unreasonable as its her first grandchild but i have this feeling shes going to try and muscle in and be there all the time :eek:

Dont worry hun, i know its hard but think about it this way, the baby is so so precious and people will be extra extra careful and most people will sit down anyway.

Thanks so much for all your replies - you girls are brill.

I am hoping that by the time it all comes around and after the labour and birth I wont be thinking like that and I will just be happy that I have a healthy baby. I am trying my best not to think about it now.

Emmie - I read with interest your thoughts on the MIL. It will also be my MIL's first grandchild. I have similar thoughts also!
She is a lovely lady, very caring and loves my husband and us both. However, she is very dominant and I have always had a fear of her taking over. It's getting that balance between keeping her happy but letting her know your the boss I think ! xx

When I went into labour with DD we didn't tell anyone when we went to the hospital! (apart from my mum who came with us) Because when my BIL and wife had there LO's mil camped up at the hospital the whole time. I really didn't want this. They had not time too themselves. DH called everyone once DD was born, my mum had one quick cuddle and left us too it. We then had the whole day just the three of us, before visiting hours started. I was also really worried about the passing around thing, but breastfeeding really helped, because everytime things started getting out of control or I felt unease I just said she needs feeding!!
With regard to poeple dropping LO, most people are scared of holding new babies and you will find that they sit down and prop themselves up with cusions!!
Try not to worry, that fact that your worrying about it now means it probably won't be a problem when the time comes!!

Hi ya,

I have been having these worries too. I have a friend who has 4 children under 7 and I was panicking that when she comes and see's me at home she will bring all the children with her!!!!! I think of the most funny things and most of the time they are irraitional things!!!!

:D

I was worried about that too, but I only had close family and friends come to the hospital and most of them didnt hold the baby at all - he was asleep most of the time and I never encouraged anyone to wake him - except his two grannies, they were allowed a cuddle obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back