Might have to stop driving!

handbagqueen

Reaction score
I feel awful tonight and can't sleep cos I had a little prang in the car this evening. I was reversing and went straight into a parked car :oops:
I haven't had any accidents since I started driving and I'm just so embarassed- i had a car full of people so i can't even pretend it didn't happen! I scratched the corner of my car but didn't appear to have done any damage to the other car but I spent the whole night worrying about it. My dh had to not drink at the party we went to so he could drive home as I didn't trust myself to drive. its so silly, it was only a little prang and could've been worse but now i'm thinking that next time it will be :(

Aww hun, chances are there WON'T be a "next time" - Please don't worry yourself :( I know it must be horrible when something like that happens because it makes you feel like a bad driver.. You're not, it's just pregnancy!

Lots of women on here seem to be pranging their cars :think: Must be the hormones!

If we all stopped driving after a little mistake then there'd be no need for all this fuel noncense and car tax fury! :hug:

I got my first ever speeding ticket whilst pregnant and narrowly avoided getting a second one two weeks later :( I agree, it is definitely the hormones - I'm sure you're a great driver :hug: :hug:

I had the same thing! I hit a car when reverse parallel parking, I normally pride myself on my driving and parking, but I just wasn't all there. I was so embarassed and like you, the owner was in the car. Thankfully no damage and he was ok about it!

Hon please PLEASE dont feel badl I recenty had an accident and felt bloody awful for days on end but the best thing you can do is get back behind the wheel and just move forth...

EVERYONE has knocks bangs dings and accidents, experienced or not, I do think when you're pregnant it is magnified a billion times because you have all these thoughts running through your head.

So honestly don't feel bad the most importantt thing is you and bub are fine :hug:

hi hun dont feel bad i hit my husbands car the other day and i havent got the excuse i'm pregnant :rotfl:

Thanks guys, my dh was reluctant to give me the keys at the weekend but I told him I have to drive otherwise I'll never drive again which I couldn't bear. I managed it ok without any more dramas so feel a bit better but not going to take it for granted anymore as I'm not the same with concentration anymore. :(

FWIW lots of pregnant women seem to suffer concentration issues when driving. You are not alone in it. Pregnancy brain is bad enough but that it can affect us when driving is annoying. Just make sure you focus and take your time going places. Don't feel you have to rush anywhere and just relax about it all :)

I stopped driving a few weeks back as I found I made more small mistakes in the weeks leading up to that than I have done in years of driving. Just lapses in concentration and reaction times. Plus my bump just got too big to fit comfortably behind the wheel and it was hell trying to use the clutch.

I think so long as the person driving is comfortable and able to focus then keep driving, but to be aware that they may need to consider stopping at some point further down the road. For their safety and that of others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back