• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

London Airports Question

bhe101

Reaction score
Hiya
I need to book flights to london but really confuzzled about where each one is & stuff!
The cheapest is to luton but if the train from there to central londons gonna take ages/ be too expensive maybe i'l be best going to one of the other ones?
Can anyone help?

stanstead is good you can get an easy train to liverpool street that takes 20 mins or something..i know it was fast. you can get coaches from heathrow/gatwick to london victoria and i think you can do that to luton too but i think it takes about 45 mins from luton to central!

whereabouts in london do you need to get to from the airport? they're all quite a long way out from central london, so knowing your final destination would be a help :) :)

if you fly into luton, the train takes about 40 minutes and goes into kings cross st pancras
if you fly into stansted, the train takes about 45 minutes and goes into liverpool street
if you fly into gatwick, the train takes about 30 minutes and goes into victoria
if you fly into heathrow, the train takes about 30 minutes and goes into paddington
if you fly into city, the DLR takes about 40 minutes to bank

the trains are every 15 minutes or so from gatwick / heathrow / stansted and the stations are within the airport and really easy to use. its pretty easy from luton into london as well, although i don't think the trains are quite that regular. and the DLR into town runs really frequently.

i'd have to check on the ticket prices - last time i did it, the stansted express / heathrow express / gatwick express were all around £15 single i think :think: :think:

I feel like a rude rubbish tourist, I dont have a clue about traveling or anything, your help is much appreciated!
Near the 02, going to see britney spears :oops: & our hotel will be near there too.

if you can fly into city, you'll be sorted for travelling time! t'would be soooo easy :) :)

you'd get a bus from city airport to canning town, then travel 1 stop on the jubilee line to get to the O2 arena (not sure where your hotel is in relation to that). i can't imagine it would take more than 20 minutes, if that.

from kings cross st pancras (luton), you'd get the bank branch of the northern line to london bridge, then the jubilee line

from liverpool street (stansted), take the circle line to bank, then the northern line to london bridge, then the jubilee line

from victoria (gatwick), take the circle line to westminster, then the jubilee line

from paddington (heathrow), take the bakerloo line to waterloo, then the jubilee line

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back