live apart from partner?

happymum

Reaction score
me and my oh dont live together, i was just wondering how this could affect us moneywise, cos i claim singly and he pays me maintenance for kids, he works silly shifts which is why we live apart, im always scared im frauding the system although im not as i pay for everything myself and his contribution is mantienance(for kids) cud i be penalised? :oops:

me and my oh dont live together, i was just wondering how this could affect us moneywise, cos i claim singly and he pays me maintenance for kids, he works silly shifts which is why we live apart, im always scared im frauding the system although im not as i pay for everything myself and his contribution is mantienance(for kids) cud i be penalised?

are you a couple?

as long as he doesnt live with you more than 2 nights in any 28 days you r fine, we were like this when kieron was born and that what social told us

surely if ur entitled to whateva ur claiming u cant be frauding anything? :think:

If your a couple then you shouldnt be claiming singley... theres alot of couples out there who are in the same boat with working away etc,

sunshinestars said:
If your a couple then you shouldnt be claiming singley... theres alot of couples out there who are in the same boat with working away etc,

yeah but chances r they r paying for rent etc 2gether, were not, we broke up hence why were living apart, were slowly building a relationship

If you are proper living apart then you are right in claiming as a single person, its only if you live together full time that you claim together.

Saying that though, if he is gving you cash for the kids be careful - you have to let them know about every extra penny you have coming in and then anything over a certain amount (I think its something stupid like £5 a week but you'll need to check) is subtracted from your benefits, so if they find out you are getting cash from him then you could be in trouble.

But they cant stop him from buying stuff for you and the kids instead of giving you the cash :wink:

the inland rev know about my mantinence and so do the housing :D so no worries there

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back