List of things to do before baby arrives:

Esperanza84

Reaction score
So I've decided to make a list of things I'm "going to do" before my little girl is here! I have to face the fact that I could go past my due date, so don't want to be "unemployed" when I Get there. I thought I could make this thread so we could all add our lists of things to do:) maybe it could keep us balanced (preventing us from going insane...lol)??

To do:
- sew cloth nappies
- knitt cloth nappies
- bake After eight brownies
- See my in laws (this evening)
- go for a 1 hour walk every day
- Get my hair done
- go to the cinema with hubby
- Get present for mil, three of my nieces and my sister

What do you have to do before baby arrives??

Ps: your list doesn't have to be realistic - it's just so you got stuff to choose from when you Get bored/impatient:)

I'm very impressed with your go for a 1 hr walk each day, that's great!

I'm going to attempt aquanatal when I finish work and tidy the house room by room for LOs arrival.

I also have loads of books to read as well which I'm looking forward to

Get the bedroom decorated and finished
Iron and sort out Albert's clothes
Put nursery stickers up
Finish off the lounge
See my best friend and mum
Clean my sister's house :roll:
Start the Free the Weybridge One campaign
Eat as much chocolate cake as I can while I still have an excuse
Get the rabbits to the vets for jabs and claw cutting (might take the hamster too cos he misses them when they aren't there)
Groom the rabbits and get them protected from fly strike although that normally ends up in a fight lol

Well, my 1 hour walk is going to be difficult to do every day as I need to pee all the time, but could try to move more every day than I do:)

Ok Girlies here goes my list

*Alter curtains for pip's nursery
*Re-organise delivery of pips nursery furniture
* order mattress for Moses basket
* wash pips clothes
* get rest of stuff needed for pip-some blankets etc
* get stuff for hospital bag-toiletries etc
* pack hospital bag
* pick up car seat and base
* order pip's bedding
* clean and sort out spare room
* sort out my wardrobes
* clean house (again!)
* dog sit for another 2.5 weeks til my
Mum and dad get back-although at least this makes me walk out everyday

Ok I'm sure I've actually got more to add but I've scared myself enough with that list and the thought I'm due exactly 1 month today!!!!

Please let someone have a bigger list than me!

Oh shit ive forgot to get the moses basket mattress, i must do that this week.

Loving the 1 hour walk. i take my lo to school, its a 10min walk. Iv started walking when its not raining, not funny though when im half way up the school path and start getting pains haha.

Im going shopping thur to get a few bits for hospital.

Iv also ordered my little boy a present for when princess is born. Im going to wrap it up with a card from princess to her big brother. xxxx

I finished work today, yey so I'll be;
- getting the car serviced
- getting a pressie for stepson so he doesn't feel left out when LO comes
- coffee with new NCT buddies
- watching without a trace box set
- might bake a cake too
- relaxing :)

Xx

my to do list is...
-haircut
-2 antenatal classes
-wash walls in bedroom (we had a damp problem so just want to doubly make sure its all gone)
-wash all babys clothes
-pack maternity and baby hospital bag
-make sure the steriliser/bottle warmer etc is set up n ready
-shopping for last bits- more milk/nappies/big knickers/hospital pjs :)
-collect moses basket and make sure im happy with the mattress and sheets
-do more reading about c-sections
-read more about newborns
-fit the car seat and make sure i know how to fit it on my own
- CHOOSE A BLOODY NAME!!!

thats all i can think of for now :) xxxx

Ooohhh I forgot a wax!!!! Very important ;) xxxx

last week we tried a trial run on the steriliser to make sure all of us even my 14 year old could use it. We also tried the bottle warmer and washed down the buggy as it had been in storage. Done loads of cleaning, defrosted the freezer and washed all the net curtains. lol. Bags are packed and now we have a estimated weight of baby we took out the tiny baby babygros I had packed. DYlan was 5lb 5ozs and nothing I had fitted him so brought some premmie baby ones second hand in case. May take them to the hospital anyway and donate them to scbu. x

Whats ur estimated weight leanne? yesterday they said mine was currently 5,5. and could go up to 7.7 but may tail off towards the last few weeks. Im only expecting around 7lb. My lo was only 6.4 xxx

Thursday last week he was 5lb 11ozs then on Monday he had gone up to 6lb 2 ozs so he is putting on on or two a day. lol. He has only got 19 days to go so hopefully will be between 7 and 8 which I think is a perfect size. x

Yeh i agree anywhere between 7-8 is lovely. I couldnt remember how much they say lo puts on average a day. xxx

I think its meant to be a ounce or so a day from what I have read. xxx

I don't have an estimated weight for my lo but my mw says she seems to be a "fine size". Whatever that means!! Lol!

I also found out I actually have more things to sort out, but it kind of scared me to see how long my list became, so didn't want to put them on!:)

When I went for my 34 week scan the sonographer said baby was approx 5lbs already and to expect about half a lb a week - brings me in about 8lbs!! lol

My list for when I finish next Fri is:

- read hypnobirthing book I have had since 15 weeks
- start intensive pelvic floor exercises
- perineal massage (possibly!!)
- eat choc biscuits while watching films on TV

oh, and pack hospital bag!!!

Right now ladies, I'm loving your all getting dead organized with the lists of jobs, but I am a little concerned that you have not packed your hospital bags or been to the hairdressers yet!

Please get your bags packed, you never know, some of you will most def pop early, statistics!!
And get your hair done , as you need to feel lovely in your piccys!

And whoever it was that had on their list to read upl more on C-sections - please feel free to pm me anytime, I have had 4 , if you have any questions

Good luck ladies - ready steady - get to those lists....

Last edited:
Sounds good hellywelly!!

Here's my cloth diaper:)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331152220.191556.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331152220.191556.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 4
JJ's mum stop scaring me with stories of early babies....I'm still on denial that I'm having one, nevermind the chance it might come early!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back