Things to do before the big day

i.love

Reaction score
I don't mean the boring things like getting measured for a bra or pack a bag. I mean the fun things that we might want to do while we can.

My little list is:
- go to a cinema
- cook nice foods and freeze them
- have a nice haircut
- do my manicure/pedicure
- go shopping/eat out as often as I can lol

Am also thinking about tinting my eyebrows now (any advice would be much appreciated!)

What about you? Do you have any fun plans for before the D-day comes?

A few of mine are on your list too :)

- Defo make some meals and freeze them (I read this in a magazine and sounds like a brill idea, I can see I'm not going to be in the mood for cooking with a newborn.
- Get my hair done
- Get my hooha waxed! Haha!
- Have as many cosy nights in and nights out with OH as possible.

Also decided that when the baby is here I'm going to give myself 3months to lose a bit of weight and am going clothes shopping :D

OH and I have booked a hotel and dinner next Sunday night for a last getaway just us before little one arrives. Can't wait!

I don't mean the boring things like getting measured for a bra or pack a bag. I mean the fun things that we might want to do while we can.

My little list is:
- go to a cinema
- cook nice foods and freeze them
- have a nice haircut
- do my manicure/pedicure
- go shopping/eat out as often as I can lol

Am also thinking about tinting my eyebrows now (any advice would be much appreciated!)

What about you? Do you have any fun plans for before the D-day comes?
Seems a nice plan :) I might think to the hair cut, I will fancy some masage actually :) I went to the NCT antenatal course, and the massages were actually nice :)
Time is so quick since the 36 weeks :( I haven't the time for nothing, as we moved house last week, I spent my time in the moving.. I still need to prepare my bag.. next weekend I am going to a wedding.oh dear I have the feeling I won't have the feeling to relax before her birth..

Hollypops oh that's a lovely idea!

Booked to have my hair done at 39 weeks, had the bikini wax (just in case things start sooner than expected)

OH and I have been having nice cosy nights on the sofa, just the two of us.

Have no more room in the freezer for meals.

Going out for lunch with friends a few times over the next couple of weeks.

Menie, massage sounds lovely, may have to look into it here!

haircut too! also, saturday nights either with friends or OH so i can really appreciate the time :)

bikini wax (not that a wax is anything to look forward to!) celebrate my last birthday in October before becoming a mummy. hmm, this is getting me thinking now, what else can i do before lo arrives that will be more difficult once he's here! xx

- Have a pedicure & a bikini wax (got a bargain deal on groupon, got a voucher for both a my local salon for only £14!!)
- Cleaning/sorting out kitchen cupboards
- Catch up with friends ( I have 2 that are also expecting babies this month) :bump:
- Have a few duvet days in my pjs and watch chick flick dvds :night:
- Chillax in a nice bath or go swimming :bath:
- Cooking & freezing meals
- Baking ( I lurrve baking cakes & biscuits but never get the time!)
- Get my car washed
- Spend some quality time with my mum and also my OH :love:

Phew! No doubt I won't get round to doing half of the above but it's nice to have a list so I don't get bored!!

Only 5 working days left till I finish!!!!! :) :pompom:

Nice list Bella :)

I also have 5 days left. Go us!

Having my hair done tomorrow. Also tomorrow we are having the last BBQ of the season with all the men dressed as women (don't ask, on of hubbys crazy friends random ideas :lol:)

Take the kids to the fair next weekend & enjoy the last minute funtime before number 3 comes along!

Make the most of shouting at the TV whenever there is Leeds game on!

Nails done & a massage I think!

moving house........errrmmm not sure if thats nice or not ha ha maybe the reason for my stress, it might be in 2 weeks time!!!

Yeah I did the same 4 weeks ago I moved house, put everything in storage for 2 weeks and lived in a flat for 2 weeks.. and 2 weeks ago I moved in our new house :) I confirm that was a lot of stress!!

Good luck Geminiblue :)

Last edited:
Probably most of the things you girls have listed!
Me and OH have been away twice whilst I've been pregnant and we're hoping to go back in a few weeks time so that will be nice :)

As for the eyebrow tint, You can get them done at a beauticians. I used to get them done every 3/4 weeks at a beauticians but for the past year I've resorted to doing it myself (and saving a lot of money in the process!). I buy the 'Colorsport 30 Day Mascara' pack. It's £8 in Boots but I can get mine cheaper from a Bodycare shop in my town (for about £4). I've only ever bought one box and it's lasted me all this time. I use it just for my eyebrows (it says on the box that you can) but I use it on my eyelashes sometimes too, It's fab! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back