What do you want to do before baby comes?

ToriElla

Reaction score
Is there anything you especially want to do before your baby arrives? Thought it might give us an extra kick up the butt to make a list here and see if we manage it. Plus it will make maternity leave more interesting for those who feel like they don't know what to do with themselves.

I want to:

Go shopping (before i always have a pram with me :D)
Go to the pictures with DH (want to see memoirs of a geisha)
Decorate the living room (hopefully happening this weekend)
Scrub the bedroom!!!!
Go to a few more aqua natal classes.
Go to starbucks and just sit and read by myself for a bit!!

maybe get my hair cut - not sure if i should just wait until after baby arrives for that one.

I would like to do a few of the things on your list too Toriella, my hair needs doing so badly, but last time i went i have never felt so ill during whole pregnancy, came very close to running out with foils on my hair LOL!!! Id love to go to cinema, but cant sit still he he he! Living room/dining room nearly finished, i need to get a carpet put down this next week.
Im going to treat myself after baby to have my hair done, my 'well done, you' pressie!!
Catch up with my girls and enjoy a ickle glass if wine together.
learn to enjoy the days spent on my own,
do some pampering, cut toe nails, paint them etc, do eye brows etc
looking forward to pinching other ideas!!!

Hi

I have a list in my mind of things I'd like to get done but just realised it's too late for some of them!

Similar things to you both, I'd like to:
Go out for a nice meal and some (non alcoholic) drinks - Yay did that last night!
Thoroughly clean our bedroom and sort out paper work from recent purchases/car tax/renew insurance etc.
Re-pack hospital bag to make sure everything is there
Make some meals and put in freezer/do a big supermarket shop to stock up on essentials
Go to cinema to see Narnia
Get hair cut (booked for Wednesday as it's too deperate to wait until baby is here!)

I would like to go to aqua natal and or swimming but I'm too scared in case my waters break and I don't notice!

The decorating/new carpets that I would have liked will have to wait now until the spring, ran out of weekends and now I just want the house tidy and clean!

Lucy
37 + 5

I have forbiden myself from re-packing my hospital bag. I swear i have 'checked' it attleast 10 times!! i have since packed a 'baby' bag with her things in, and alos a bag for OH, with some change (for machines, telephones, canteen etc) wash things (he need not think he's going home for a shower if things slow!!! LOL) change of clothes (see above!) and the camera with silly amounts of batteries.#
i can reccomend narnia, its great seen a copy. :wink:

Good idea on the batteries Hels. mine ran out and I got no photos when she was born, one of my biggest regrets :(

Awww kim, thats such a shame. maybe being obessessed is a good thing hey??!!
Hope your well. xx

Yeah it is lol, I never had chance to prepare anything I'm gutted I wish I could do it all again, but properly this time. I'm jealous of all the people waiting for their overdue babies cos at least they prepared. My dad came to visit and took one of rubie but havent got one of me with her :( :( :(

what i'd like to do:
*start on my hospital bag (i've been pushing that back)
*get baby support sorted before the birth, whether it be money or nannies (or even bath seat which i still havent ordered)
*finish all uni work that needs done -hopefully that will be done tomorrow
*go swimming!!!! finally found someone to go with
*and rest more, i keep hearing i must rest but i'm not getting much yet

i wonder how much victoria will have got done on her list seen as she has had her baby!!!

is anyone getting close to having done the things on their list?
xx

I want to:
  • Move House!!
    get mine and baby's hospital bag packed
    get my hair cut
    get my legs waxed
Not necessarily in that order....

most of you feb mums want a hair cut or die, i'm just wondering how you will manage that! i'm not allowed colours anymore as they are bad for baby, unless its one of those bad hair colours that last hardly long enough to drive it home

have you found anything that can be used during pregnancy?

also i read your hair gets thicker during pregnancy so its maybe best to leave a cut til after birth when you go back to normal

has anyone heard this too?

It's actually ok to dye your hair when pregnant

I want to get my hair cut before my baby arrives as I'm not sure when I'll manage it next afterwards!! They do say that your hair gets thicker during pregnancy and may fall out after the birth, but I'm hoping a good cut will see me through that!

Pips its fine to dye your hair, i had highlights at about 28 weeks, my hairdresser told me that it was safe, but the colour sometimes doesnt always go perfect! i took the chance, but my god, ive never felt so ill through out my whole pregnancy, i think it was the smell of the dye. I now have roots, which i never usually do, so my hair must have really grown some!!!

Yep apparently it's safe to dye your hair during pregnancy, I avoided it during the first 12 wks as I was a bit worried but have had it done twice since then and both hairdressers have said it's safe (although mine were foil highlights so not like putting the dye straight on your scalp etc). I had a haircut on wednesday and it's made me feel great! I haven't noticed my hair getting any thicker so hopefully it wont thin out :shock: and it's lovely now I've lost the split ends!

I was going to book in for a bikini and leg wax but last time I did a bikini wax at home I seemed to bruise a lot so not sure what's worse for the midwifes - bruised chicken skin or hairy mary!

Lucy
38 + 3

I want to get my legs waxed because I haven't done since August - eek my poor OH - and look like some kind of hippy naturist throw back woman (no offense to any hippies out there). I'm worried that the MWs etc at the hospital will think I'm some kind of 'knit your own meusli' type and treat me accordingly, so I'd rather be smooth and bruised.

oops, sorry about spelling mistake 'die', lol subconsciously i must be very scared of its effects :lol:

i did look into it this afternoon, as my friend who is a hairdresser refuses to do my hair, and basically what i found is that it depends on the product, but as you all said generally it is thought quite safe to dye your hair

(mind is i had listened to all the things i shouldnt have done during pregnancy i would have been in bed drinking whole milk and eating broccoli from about week 20 lol)

I'm reviving this old thread, because it's good!

I'd like to go on holiday to Cornwall with my boyf this year, and hopefully to Athens too, haven't been abroad in years :)

And in day to day life I'd like to write more, and maybe do more of my dressmaking :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back