What is your 'to do' list before baby arrives?

Hazel said:
mandspice said:
is anyone going to stock up on homemade / frozen meals etc like all the books recommend?? Am thinking not to bother as we live in the town centre with easy access to shops etc.........

I was going to freeze some homemade Bolognaise and get in a few microwave meals. Luckily my DH is quite domesticated and is able to put a meal together and find his way around a supermarket so not going to panic to much.

I was going to do this too but then I realised that my dh is a big boy now and should be able to rustle some food together! I'll probably have to guide him through it for a bit- ie nag- but after a while of no food if he doesn't do it I reckon he'll be alright!

Thanks for adding your lists, its reminded me of things too. :D I too need to shave my lady bits for section. I havent even made a birthplan this time as no one bothered to look at it last time!

Someone said about stocking up the freezer - I've been doing that with easy meals for the girls over the last few weeks. We got rid of the extra freezer we used to have in the garage a while back though - could have done with it right now!!!

Blimey, some of your lists are more than I've done in the past year!!!! I've just thought of a couple of extra things I really need to do.

Buy presents for the girls from the baby

Buy presents for the baby from the girls

Buy a new changing mat for the baby

Buy nipple shields (I really regretted not having them in last time!!!)

I'd had the drawers delivered today (a secondhand bargain - complete with changing unit) and am planning to go and buy some garden furniture tomorrow (not relevant to the baby I know but apparently it is half price!!!)

We've got loads to do too.

Grout tiles in bathroom
Paint hallway
Carpet hallway and stairs
Get garden cleared
Put up shed
Move rabbits from spare room outside into shed
Strip wallpaper and decorate in spare room to turn it into babys room
Buy cot and nursery furniture
Buy pram
Tile and paint in kitchen
Get living room carpets cleaned