Light sleepers?

lealea85

Reaction score
Omg I feel deprived of sleep n I want to mute anyone who wakes me.

I used to sleep like a brick. You could have stolen the mattress from under me n I would never have noticed BUT now aghrrrrrrrr I hear one tiny noise n I'm up and cannot go bk to sleep.
Hence y I am awake at 03:27am

I feel so bad cos the anger that floods me at times is bad cos I spaz out like a mental patient after they figured snoopy isn't a cat.

I slapped my OH out of his sleep for snoring so bad ear plugs were useless.
I snapped at my 5 yr old god daughter as she woke up at 5am n decided to wake the other two kids.
I spazzed out at mum for Makin so much noise.

I'm really miserable!!!! To top it off I got ppl telling me not to sleep during the day cos when bby comes I can't sleep....failing to forget I'm tired.
If I don't sleep when I want to, I over ride it n end up not sleeping for like 24 hours.

I'm cranky n miserable to the point im smoking again.
I look like a mad woman cos my eyes are always red.

I want to go somewher, anywhere for a week without any fam/friends or my OH so I can sleep.

:(

Hello, hope you got back to sleep hun, it doesnt get much better im affraid I sleep a few hours now n thats it. Little one is going to be nocternal I think he just wriggles all night it seems. I get up n play patience n sleep when I can in the day. xx

Hey! It's rubbish isn't it. I am the exact same. I didn't sleep til about 3.30 am thi morning and woke up at 10am. It sucks. I nap in the day because I'd be the most tired person in the world if I didn't! I think it's preparation our bodies do for the baby as they wake up and it wakes us up. So I think the pattern probably imitates on of a new baby! I think I'm gonna try and sleep when the baby does. A newborn actually sleeps 20 hours a day! For the first week, it's just very broken as they wake up for feeding every couple of hours.
Nap in the day, it does actually help. I am going out for lunch today and I know when I get back I'll be knackered so will be napping! X

hey hun I was like that I think its natures way of getting u ready for when baby comes. You will be able to sleep when baby comes, we only have 2 feeds in the night one at about 1 ish and the next at 6 ish so sleep well inbetween then and Alex sleeps on and off through the day after a feed so you will get to sleep in the day if you need to xx

I am the same hun, not had a decent nights sleep in ages and am knackered! If I'm not up peeing for hours (and needing again the second I get back in bed!) then its the baby moving about and waking me up, or hubby making a noise in his sleep, or a noise outside, or a flea farting somewhere in Africa....

I know they say its natures way of getting us ready for being up with the baby, but I had hoped to get lots of sleep in before the baby arriving to try and have some energy for it!

seems like we all in same boat lol x

Be glad when I have given birth hehe can get OH to tend to baby while I sleep hehe x

Ive been sleeping really poorly for the last couple of weeks now, but ive found the more i do it the more im getting used to it. I go to bed around midnight, up around 2am for a wee, back to bed until 4.30ish when im up for a wee again, sleep until 7.30 when i get up to let the dogs out and then im having a cuppa in bed around 8. Same every day. But take no notice hun, if you feel like sleeping during the day, then sleep!!!You have to sleep when you are tired xxx

Wow didn't realise it was universal amongst pregnant women.
As long as I get silence I can sleep 4 hrs uninterrupted, get up n go loo then back to bed for 2hrs before I need to pee again.
It's the fact that ppl around me are so fucking noisy.
I managed to get 3hrs nap. But now I'm ill. I cannot win.
I get overtired n my body becomes so run down its like having flu.

If anyone sees me on crimestoppers it because of sleep deprivation, thought I'd let you know in advanced xxx

Your def not the only one Lea Lea, I am fed up with the sleep lack thing at the mo, but am used to it since about halfway through pregnancy. It really does prepare you tho for a taste of after doesn't it.

I would ignore those telling you not to nap in the day! If your kids are at nursery or school for a bit , then nap if you can (just set an alarm just incase for pickup time!). You might need the sleep now, no point not gettign more if you can, once baby is here, again if you can nap when baby sleeps then do so. I couldn't when my kids were small, but looking forward to being able to once a day etc between school runs etc if needed. Also once your not pregnant, you will feel so much better anyway as your not being drained by baby etc.

Trouble is I know it will be at least 4 months of 3x or 4x night waking for feeds from here onwards, if a good baby, so we best get used to it I guess.

Last edited:
I sooo know how you feel....
I live in a block of flats, so usually I'm used to noise of other people milling about when I'm sleeping, but lately a flea farting three streets away could wake me up!

I spend what seems like an eternity in bed these days, but never seem to get any decent sleep! I feel like a zombie some days!

Suppose I'd best get used to it, eh.....

I'm the same. The dog sleeps in our room and sometimes she snores and it drives me mad! I can only do two hours good sleep at a time! I can't remember what it's like to sleep properly or to feel fully rested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back