Lifting the Veil #2

dionne said:
do you not think its a bit insulting to males? that she basicly believes they will purve on her? are they super sexy under there :lol:

yes i do think that also.

i remember some one quoting on here before there beliefs and it was some thing like evil mens eyes???

im not being arsy, just curious

i suppose though, if i'm going to play devil's advocat about it, they might consider the face to be like the vagina or breasts.

hmm, that came out wrong. you know what i mean haha.

i suppose in that case though, why would they only cover up around males? i don't particualarly want ANYBODY other than my husband seeing my breasts or bits....not only males.

blah.

google is great "The reason why the face is covered is because the face is part of the natural Zina (charm) which is the main source of temptation and seduction. It is not permissible to look at the face of a woman for fear of temptation, since temptation caused by the face is much greater than that caused by the feet, the hair, or legs."

okay, so yeh, i guess they do think all men are perving on them then.

that's really daft.

Xena said:

that's really daft.

Is it? All men perve on me. I'm GORGEOUS! :rotfl:

arghh i dont get it.. so im giving up while im behind :lol:

night night girls and i hope we all agree to disagree on this one...

ps im watching some thing sooooo sad on tv "my heart belongs to dad"

its about men bringing up children this one mans wife died in labour so sad.

Xena said:

that's really daft.

but that is their belief and it is not daft to them.

i stand by the view that if they are in conversation in an important situation with somebody non-muslim they ought to remove their veil.

situations like teaching, business meetings, interviews, being in banks, going through check in at an airport, being questioned by the police, etc.

any sitiuation where it is either
a) important to have clear communication
or
b) important to show their identity
or
c) for security reasons (banks for example)

ETA: I'm off to bed, gnite ;) xx

i cant believe how ppl are....

they will find no problem with a female flashing themselves at men.. in their mini-skirt or hot pants.... and bras on the street

but they have a problem with ladies covering up

boy oh boy

who u think is being exploited more :roll:

my 13 year old white catholic son who is not a bad kid was asked to take his hood down or leave the store when we were in town last week as people with hoods are not allowed :shock: he was with me and i was really embarrassed :oops: why can my son be made to remove his hood yet these ladies can get away with only showing their eyes :evil: its all wrong plus in the news an employee was made to remove her crucifix what makes these people who cover their faces any different from the rest of us why should they be treated any different
in my opinion they should remove their veils when in important situations for teaching or security purposes xxx

the woman was not asked to remove her crucifix, she didn't want to wear it as the company she worked for required.

I agree about your son Rach. I guess the reason why hoodies are treated like this is because of the history of gangs wearing them tc, but they should have used their discretion. I mean a teenage boy isn't going to be causing much trouble when he is with his mum.

wasnt that so it could be hidden from view? xxx

Sorry rach I edited my post. From what I saw it wasn't so it had to be hidden from view but insteadwas discreet. I undersatnd in part where you are coming from but she could wear her crucifix. Her point about sikh men wearing the turban was a tad petty as the turban cannot be discreetly worn.

hmmmm i dont know its like the whole worlds gone mad lol im afraid to put the news on any more for fear of what ridiculous story will come out next :lol: xxx

Ok I work as a Support worker for people with learnig difficulties, and my brother also has learning difficulties, and we are advised to not have hats on as they dont know who you are. some of the people I work with would freek out or would not be able to comunicate with with someone covering their face,I am also a supply for the educational learning in our local schools and the children I have worked with would not be comfterble or able to comunicate if they could not see facial expresions and able to watch them talk. The next child you talk to pay attention to them watching your face.
And if you went for a job and they said here is your uniform, and you told them you could'nt as men will look at your face you would not get the job,
so next time you go to work or go shopping cover your face and see what reaction you get from people.
Did that make sence? it did to me ill shut up now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back