LH Surge..is this normal?

claire5

Reaction score
Hi,
DH and I have been ttc #1 for a year now. Doc's have just started investigating/ blood samples. I have just had AF finish one day a go and just bought some more OPK's that arrived today. Well I did one this afternoon and its positive. My cycle is quite short usually 22-24 days.
Do you think this is a true result? Only it seem's bit too early I think, but maybe I'm wrong. Previously I have had positives about 10 days post AF :roll:

i would be b'dancin as much as possible just in case you ovulate really early as am sure thats possible x x

seems way to early to me.

how long have you been using OPKs

is it likely to be a dodgy result?

OPKs can be positive if you are pregnant!

Thanks for your replies!
I think it seems really early. I've been using them for quite some time now. Didn't use them last month though. But before that had been using cheap ones of ebay and also have used clearblue digital ones.

Obviously as it's so soon after AF I don't really have much CM like usually would when I get a positive later in my cycle.

Just found it really confusing! I've never tested that early before as never expected to get a positive so soon.

Chellie boo after reading your post I decided just to try a pregnancy test and its a positive! I'm in shock!!!!! Is this real? Or another false result?

congratulations especially after trying for a year :dance: cant beleive its another bfp. I dont know much about false positives but i would have thought a positive is a positive, you should see your dr for blood tests to confirm but i have heard of people still getting af when pregnant, do you feel different.

Before AF arrived I had tender boobs, was tired and no normal signs of AF was 4 days late.... but then I got the really bad back ache - followed by AF hours later.

Other than that I feel no different. Sore boobs have gone.

Worried I may have been and now I'm not. I had a miscarriage a few years ago. So now I'm really confused!

Congratulations honey. sounds to me like you are pregnant. if you'd had a miscarriage wouldn't the hcg have dropped off so you wouldn't get a positive pregnancy test?

Get yourself to the docs and get it confimed.

xxxxx

Thanks chellieboo. I wasn't too sure on how long the hcg stays in the urine? As when i miscarried before they tested my urine at the hospital which was still reading positive and then when I had the scan I had lost it.

Think I'll have to get back to the doc's.

Thank you so much you've been a great help!

I hope this one sticks!! If it's still there.

Just booked appt with the doc. Unfortunately due to my shift work they can't fit me in until next thursday. I'm guessing by then I will no one way or the other.

Thanks again for all your replies.

good luck hun i had a small 3 day af when i was about a week pg with the baby that i lost sadly so im rooting for you :D
manda x

How often are lines supposed to show up on opk sticks, af got me on Thursday, 5 days late and today i couldn't help but poas and i have two clear lines, im not at my lh surge as the line is lighter than the control line but its definitely there...does this happen all the way through your cycle?? Just wondered??

sunshine_gal - i was worried this month when i first starting using OPK's as only the control line would come up making me think i wasnt producing something but i have now detected my LH surge and its two very dark lines with the control line slightly lighter, i also used clearblue digital ovulation kit which smiles if it detects your LH surge and it did detect it. so am not sure what it means if a line is there all the way through your cycle[/quote]

Hmm, its weird eh.. I only decided to test because i have allot of ebay cheapies.. Its a very clear line and only slightly lighter than the control line so i dont get it, does this mean im going to ovulate really early this month or just that this happens a few times through your cycle? sooo confussed.. That'll teach me for being addicted to peeing on sticks...haha

We all have a bit of LH hormone in us a lot of the time. That's why when you test on the OPKS, you'll often get a 2nd line but it'll be fainter.

The testing line has to be darker than the 'always there' line to show a positive.

But you will often get a faint line there, no matter when you test (I thin, but I'm just a beginner :) )

Well i tested before my lh surge a few weeks ago and i got nothing and then a few days later i got my surge and now ive got this clear line again, maybe your right tho maybe you do have lines appear at different times of the month...

the nearer i got to ovulating the darker the line appeared, i found the clearblue digital predictor great :D but to double check i used boots own predictors

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back