LH surge but NO egg release?

Redshoes

Reaction score

Hello Ladies :wave:

I do hope everyone's well, its wonderful to see so many moving to 1stTri, congratulations!!! :hug: Lots and lots of baby dust to everyone else, really hope you get your BFP for Christmas or the New Year :hug:

babydust3.gif
thbabydust.gif
babydust3.gif

I was hoping someone may be able to help. The OVPK detects the LH surge right, so it doesn't actually detect an egg release, just that an egg would be released at that time. I'm just wondering if its possible to get a + OVPK but not release an egg :? Thankyou :hug:

Yes thats right. You can have more than one LH surge in a cycle without ovulation occuring. The Lutenising Hormone needs to go behond a certain threshold for ovulation to actually occur.
Women with long cycles may have several LH surges before ovulating.

Rachael said:
Yes thats right. You can have more than one LH surge in a cycle without ovulation occuring. The Lutenising Hormone needs to go behond a certain threshold for ovulation to actually occur.
Women with long cycles may have several LH surges before ovulating.

Interesting, I didn't know this. Thanks

xx

If you do have an LH surge combined with a temperature rise (shown by charting the whole month), does this guarantee that you've ovulated? Or is it just a strong indication? If not, is there anyway of definitely proving that you've ovulated?

Mildly said:
If you do have an LH surge combined with a temperature rise (shown by charting the whole month), does this guarantee that you've ovulated? Or is it just a strong indication? If not, is there anyway of definitely proving that you've ovulated?

A positive OPK combined with dip in temperature followed by a rise (at least 2/10's of a degree) higher than all temps the previous six days and staying at or beyond this level for at least 3 consecutive days shows that ovulation has occurred.

Rachael said:
A positive OPK combined with dip in temperature followed by a rise (at least 2/10's of a degree) higher than all temps the previous six days and staying at or beyond this level for at least 3 consecutive days shows that ovulation has occurred.

No problem.

If you are charting you can see by the chart if you have not ovulated. This is called an Anovulatory cycle.
If your temperatures appear to have many low and high temps throughout the entire month with no clear separation of a rise in level of temps (rising from first phase / pre-ovulation Phase to second phase / luetal phase) this is a good indication that ovulation did not occur. Many women who are able to conceive may have months that no ovulation takes place.

Thankyou ever so much for your reply Rachael :hug: :hug: :hug:
At the moment I'm simply convinced I'm not actually releasing any eggs yet to conceive, I may consider temping because as you say the temp dip and rise is a proof indicator of ovulation occuring. Thankyou so much for all your help and time :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back