OPK's......can someone share their wisdom with me please????

Chrissy1

Reaction score
I know we have some definate POAS addicts on here so I thought I would ask your advice about OPK's. :D

I 'was' going to use them for the first time this month to detect my LH surge so I'd got a better idea when to BD. However because I was off work sick and the tests were in my drawer at work I think I missed it. While I was sick I had a couple of days with EWCM so I managed to BD but I still don't really understand them. :?

Was wondering if you ladies in the know would be able to answer my questions. Sorry if these are dumb questions but I haven't got a clue really!! :?

1) How long does an LH surge last for?? Is it just one day or longer?
2) If you test after you have OV'd will the test be a negative or because you have OV'd will you still have the LH hormone??
3) If like me I think I missed my OV time (my predicted day based on cycle length was last Sunday) should I bother to keep testing until the end of my cycle just in case??
4) Are there any other reasons why the OPK would show a faint positive??

Hope you can help and clear some of this up for me?? :hug: :hug:

Chrissy1 said:
1) How long does an LH surge last for?? Is it just one day or longer?
Once ovulation is detected on stick can last 24-48hours

2) If you test after you have OV'd will the test be a negative or because you have OV'd will you still have the LH hormone??
Agin you will have a postive for about 24-48 hours then this should get ligher as the days go by

3) If like me I think I missed my OV time (my predicted day based on cycle length was last Sunday) should I bother to keep testing until the end of my cycle just in case??
I would just test every other day if you are not sure, but if you had More Cm then you prob ovualated

4) Are there any other reasons why the OPK would show a faint positive??
Some ladies has this in there body on a daily basis but wont be as much to get a +. Might be vvvv faint,

Hope you can help and clear some of this up for me?? :hug: :hug:

Im not a POAS honest :oops: :oops: :oops:

LH surge lasts between 12 -24 hours.

The LH hormone is always present in your body, with it surging prior to ovulation. You will therefore always have a faint positive, esp. just before your surge and just after. Think of it like a curved graph gradually increasing and peaking prior to OV and then reducing back down to hardly anything when AF is due.

There is no point contuinuing testing if you feel you have missed your surge.

Hope this helps.

sunnyday said:
LH surge lasts between 12 -24 hours.

The LH hormone is always present in your body, with it surging prior to ovulation. You will therefore always have a faint positive, esp. just before your surge and just after. Think of it like a curved graph gradually increasing and peaking prior to OV and then reducing back down to hardly anything when AF is due.

There is no point contuinuing testing if you feel you have missed your surge.

Hope this helps.

That is brill thanks, cleared a lot of questions up for me in one sentence.

Although I am a bit sad that there's no point in POAS anymore!!!!

What am I going to do with myself???? It's ages before I can start on the PT's!!!! :D

Ha Ha, get yourself a thermometer and the book 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility' by Toni Weschler - it answered so many questions for me and will probably take you a good couple of weeks to read it!

I got my BFP having temped for just one month as per the guidance in this book, so I would def. recommend it!

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back