Lessons we've learnt today

Urchin

Reaction score
What have you learned today?

Today I learned that washing a car with 2 kids isn't the happy jolly family fun time it sounds. My car is still filthy, the kids got soaked and smeared dirt all over bits that were already clean. :wall:

I also learned that having the ice cream man pick a new route that stops RIGHT OUTSIDE YOUR WINDOW isn't a good thing either... yesterday I thought it was, ... today, when the kids have already had an ice cream at the park, and dessert after tea and are crying cos the ice cream man is right outside, I learned its not such a good thing after all.
I gave in, by he way, so they got ANOTHER one, tomorrow I WILL be strong. :lol:

I learnt not to give my child chocolate milkshake. He is unable to stop spilling it and it turned him into a loon for half an hour.

I also learnt my library has a brill children's section. A whole wall of picture books! I've borrowed 'Snail and the Whale' :cheer:

I also learnt Janet Evanovich has written the 14th book in the Stephanie Plum series which I love. So I borrowed that too and have my Saturday night sorted :D

I learned that the Bumbo really isn't suitable for the bath!! (It floats!!!)

I've learnt not to leave it to a man to decide what time he wants picking up! It's now 7pm, Angel's bedtime is at 9 and he still doesn't know!

Also, NEVER do your shopping on a Saturday! It's stupidly busy and nothing on the shelves!

I have learnt that i am too addicted to this place to leave and am having withdrawels :lol:

I have learnt how to manage my anger and mood swings by breathing techneques :D

Have learnt to just accept what life throws at me

Have Learnt to focus on my career and everything else will fall into place

I cant force things to work and happen so just need to just let them happen and follow the path that is mapped out and not try and make it how i want it.

And learnt that my new swanky watch glows in the dark

Sorry guys your stuck with me again (hope you dont mind)

I have learned that there is nothing you can do but watch while some idiot doesn't look in their mirror and reverses right into your brand new car that you only got on Wednesday :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: (wasn't much damage - just scratches - his car was worse :D )

I have also had to accept going up a clothes size in maternity clothes :(

That Liverpool need to stop drawing against shit teams!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

I have learnt how to breastfeed in public, did it for the first time today! :dance:

I have learnt that the cover for my moses basket mattress is washable and dries quickly, as I've unfortunately learnt I can't wind my baby very well :(

I have learned that I am not as strong as I think and had a good ol' blub this afternoon.

I have also learned I want to move to be with my man and buy that dream home!

Also, I taught Arianna Insy Winsy Spider with actions and not she wants to do it a million times over!

i learned that napster is brilliant lol (napster have a free weeks trial thing right now, download whatever you want for free!! haha... and if i decide i want it for keeps its 9.95 a month which i think is a good deal! - and its leagal)

i learned i do really need my mum, lol, shes been away for about 3 weeks and ive had the wort time ever with emily. it seems she has colic again for the past week. :think: :think: :doh: :wall: she spends her days just screaming right now. :cry: :cry: :cry: soooo my mums just took her for the night to give me a rest!! :sleep: :sleep: :shhh: :D )

I learnt to always check the downstairs loo, to make sure its got toilet roll in there... before going for a Mr Whippy!!! :lol:

I have learned that a month of very little sleep makes me a right ol' mardy bum. :lol: And that I really MUST try and nap in the day. (Although said mardiness was somewhat appeased by a banoffee ice-cream with a flake. :D )

Ive learned that I really should call my DH when he is actually at the chip shop and not trust him to remember the finer things in life like mushy peas and curry sauce!!!

Ive learned that sitting around feeling sorry for myself doesnt get me anywhere (mushy peas and curry sauce)

Ive learned that I really am not superwoman and if im gonna stay sane then I should let DH do stuff and not try and do everything myself.

I've learned not to show Evie the moving Iggle Piggle in the shop because she cries when we leave it on the shelf :doh: :doh:

I've also learned that cheese and onion pasties leave me with a bad taste in my mouth and actually make me feel sick which is a huge disappointment because I like them. :think:

I've learnt that gloss paint stinks and no matter how windows you have open, it still smells. Its also getting a bit chilly in here! :lol:
I've also learnt that OH is NOT looking forward to laying our new hall carpet tomorrow. Oh well!

I've learnt that walking next to hawthorn hedges which have just been cut are not a good idea for prams (three punctures :( )

Also, not to get complacent. Took Evie out this afternoon and thought I knew better because she had a poo this morning I didn't take a spare nappy :roll: one runny, smelly poo later and nothing to change her into. My babba has a sore bottom tonight :( bad mummy....

I learnt that baby sneezes and weetabix should never happen at the same time.

That babies only do really big smelly, sticky, silent poo's when you are meeting the great grandparents for the first time and your DH didn't pack the baby wipes. (Oh yes it was as fun as it sounds :roll: )

Bowls of water and kitchen towels, used as emergency baby wipes, don't mix too well with active babies and grabbing hands.

White, posh, meet the grand parent dresses don't stay white, posh, meet the grandparent dresses.

Even if a baby hasn't eaten anything that could possibly stain said white, posh, meet the grandparent dress they invariably manage to puke or poop a substance that is brightly coloured and stains.

Poop only gets on baby clothes when you don't have spare baby clothes.

Husbands should never be allowed to pack a baby bag.

Oh yes... my day was fun... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Squiglet said:
I learnt that baby sneezes and weetabix should never happen at the same time.

That babies only do really big smelly, sticky, silent poo's when you are meeting the great grandparents for the first time and your DH didn't pack the baby wipes. (Oh yes it was as fun as it sounds :roll: )

Bowls of water and kitchen towels, used as emergency baby wipes, don't mix too well with active babies and grabbing hands.

White, posh, meet the grand parent dresses don't stay white, posh, meet the grandparent dresses.

Even if a baby hasn't eaten anything that could possibly stain said white, posh, meet the grandparent dress they invariably manage to puke or poop a substance that is brightly coloured and stains.

Poop only gets on baby clothes when you don't have spare baby clothes.

Husbands should never be allowed to pack a baby bag.

Oh yes... my day was fun... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl:

That's only one lesson learned though... the last one ;)

Ive learnt the following:

Not to mention the word Clique or Clicky on the forum [shit just done it again]

Wearing an eyemask and ear plugs is the best way to sleep after nights on a weekend with an 18month old causing cahos downstairs, I didnt hear a thing!

I am a bitch after nights to everyone except my boy!

No to leave OH to pick Orans clothes for the day and ''style'' his hair in a 1930s style slick side parting [wtf?]

Not to ever let Oran see me do anything I dont want him to learn to do, daddy was not impressed with oran showing him how to work the hose pipe when he was hanging the washing out to dry :rotfl:

Yesterday I learnt about combine harvesting ( big one going around the field next door)

I learnt that kids parties and dinner at home later make children feel VERY sick

I learnt that going to the pub for about an hour doesn't work and it is likely to be many more! (but it was fun :wink: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back