Less movement

xx emma xx

Reaction score
I know I'm only 24 weeks pregnant but over the last 2 days I've felt reduced movement. I usually feel him moving about or I get prodded regularly through the day but the last couple days its been a lot less and I've actually been giving my belly a gentle shake to get him to move. Am I just being a worrier? I know at this stage movement isn't regular but I have noticed a difference. Not sure what to do. X

i know im only 20 weeks but i feel movement pretty rarely aswell. everyone on here has told me not to worry. im sure all is fine hun. xxx

I'm sure everything is fine Hun as they say it should be regular from about 28 weeks but you know your body and if you are worried maybe give your MW a ring just to put your mind at rest xx

I'm so paranoid about this too to the point where I'm wondering if I'm actually feeling anything at all! I'm sure everything is ok, in one of my pregnancy books it says at this stage the baby could have a couple of chilled out days and you might feel less movement on some days then loads on others.
As Jodie says, if you're worried speak to your midwife to put you're mind at rest.
x

Thanks ladies. I just feel really uneasy as he is usually really active but then I'm sure at this stage its not supposed to be regular. I don't have a direct number for midwife so not even sure where I would call. I'm thinking I might just keep an eye on it over the next few days and see how it goes. Xx

If you're anxious call your antenatal clinic, you're doctor or go to A+E. Its better to be safe than sorry and its better to put your mind at rest than be stressing for the next day or so.

Xx

I don't want to look like I'm over reacting about it. I think I will wait until tomorrow, if still hardly any movement ill call one of the numbers in my pregnancy file for advice. I'm a worrier so I should probably phone for reassurance xx

I took myself in last week as hadn't felt bubs move for a cpl of days & they were great, found her heartbeat & really reassured me told me not to apologise for wasting their time as that's what they are there for x

I took myself in last week as hadn't felt bubs move for a cpl of days & they were great, found her heartbeat & really reassured me told me not to apologise for wasting their time as that's what they are there for x

Where did you go into to get checked? Just the docs or hospital?

And thanks for your replies ladies, i felt some movement after my dinner. Maybe he is just chilling for a few days. xx

I phoned antenaral at the hoso who sent me my scan appt, asked them who I needed to spk to & they put me through. Or try your midwife if u cba going all the way to hosp, she has all the equipment too x

Grr! This phone! I meant antenatal & hosp!!

Hey, if worried get to your GP/MW or A&E department.. your never wasting there time.. I am sure all is well xxx

When I'm bored, I drink a can of coke and eat some sugary sweeties.

It's like a one-baby disco in there afterwards.

I'm not a sweeties sort of person usually, but it's reassurring. Only, she went quiet the other week and it was weird.

They will move more after food because of the energy in the food you have eaten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back