Less kicks, more wriggly movements.

Jayjay027

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I've noticed over the past week or so that although my baby does still kick, she's not kicking as often as she used to.
Now, instead of kicks, I'm feeling wriggly little movements.
I'm not worried or anything because I can still feel her pretty often, but just wondering if this is the norm? X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

yeah i only get big kicks now when oh scares her with his coughing lol or when she has hiccups and gets fustrated and takes it out on mummys side :shock:

yep, my LO's movements lately have been more wriggly rather than actual kicks :) i think its funny when she pokes her foot out of my side and i watch it move down my tummy :D love it! x

Yes this is quite normal. My baby sort of slithers and shifts with the occasional kick thrown in for good measure :) x x

Henry was really squirmy. It's just cos they r runnin out of room to kick properly x

Aww thanks ladies. Poor girl is struggling to stretch out in there already and she's only gonna get bigger lol.

I love watching my belly wriggle and move around too! I feel a huge sense of pride with every movement, like 'omg she can move! She's so smart' lmao xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I cant remember what movements were like at 27weeks. but for a good while now i feel limbs poking out, wriggling, hiccups the odd thump here and there. not kicks so much now as hes not the room lol

I'm still getting kicks constantly but that might be his sideways position. Been transverse for ages now, tried to move into proper position for a few days then he gave up. I'm saying he again cos he's definitely a little footballer! Need to try getting his position moved soon or ill end up wider than a bus!

LO wriggles most of the time for me too, then suddenly LO will poke his/her butt out and move around then thumps me one!! xx

Last edited:
Yeah I'm getting more slithery movements recently. I still get kicks though when he's having a funny moment. He's lying across my belly so I get hands and feet either side and then a bum or spine appears & all goes hard & then I see it slither across my belly - very weird!! It's definitely getting tighter in there xx

Mee too, wriggly movements all over the place. Can really see my belly moving. I love it! x

Aw, this is cute. I don't think mine kicks as much as it did before, but it certainly gives it a good try. Some days I still feel like I've been kicked black and blue inside and I'm 35 weeks tomorrow. Bloody painful. I half wish that LO would calm down sometimes. I get woken up at night by deep thuds sometimes, like it's hoofing my kidneys or something. Weird and wonderful. x

I'm getting more nudges and rolls now rather than kicks and cartwheels. I can feel him sucking his hand too! When I was pregnant with my daughter I used to feel a really subtle movement near her head, but I couldn't work out what it was. When she was born she had marks on her hands from sucking them and the midwife told me thats what the feeling was! I recognised it straight away this time, especially since we saw him doing it at the 3d scan! It's so lovely!

aww babyelmo thats so sweet :) the only thing i feel near LO's head is the hiccups which she has 2-3 times a day :lol:

xx

Hey Jayjay, great to see you over in tri3 :wave:

I get more rolling movements than kicks now too. I do still get the odd whopper, but mostly just feel her moving around. Yesterday bump went really really tight and when I rubbed it actually felt a limb... never had that with my first baby and OMG it did freak me out a bit lol

aww babyelmo thats so sweet :) the only thing i feel near LO's head is the hiccups which she has 2-3 times a day :lol:

xx

My LO has hiccups loads too, never felt them with Oscar! It's so cute!

My LO is the same now, he just wriggles and nudges mostly. x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

xx

I cant recall feeling them with Elise either tbh so this is quite new for me, especially as she has them so frequently lol xx

xx

I cant recall feeling them with Elise either tbh so this is quite new for me, especially as she has them so frequently lol xx

My baby seems to have them a lot! I think he must be greedy,gulping all that amniotic fluid!! :)

xx

My baby seems to have them a lot! I think he must be greedy,gulping all that amniotic fluid!! :)

Well when we went for our 20wk scan we actually did see our LO gulping the amniotic fluid :lol: so your probably right hehe! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back