Less movements

lrb

Reaction score
Dunn if I should be worried?
I thought today that I would keep track of times of movements baring in mind I didn't start this till 4pm! I got a bath and she always kicks loads a bath time, and I normally get a bath at 4 most days now I'm on maternity leave. She moved but I didn't feel a kick. I wrte down she was awake at 4 cause she moved but I never felt an kicks. Been out shopping and had tea and really can not remember feeling her move in this time. Its now 9:15 and I'm not 100% that I've felt a kick, I just felt her move but no proper kick or movement enough for me to notice, baring in mind this time normally she's really active. I know movements slow up the further on u r so dint think to much of it but I was oh that noticed not me, he said has she moved much tonight, I asked why and he said normally I see her moving or I normally say how much she's kicking ribs or making me uncomfortable. Which is true her kicks are really uncomfortable but tonight there's been no kicks. I've felt her move not very strong but I've felt movement but no kicks is this enough not t call maternity block? X

If your worried you should call your MW or the hospital. LO's movements will start getting less as they grow more now and have less room to move about so much

Call the triage unit at the hospital and see what they say. They may want u to go in to be monitored. Better to get it checked out xx

This happened to me on Friday! I phoned the MW and they wanted me in to check me over - its peace of mind because LO kicked the hell out of me the minute they hooked me up... then when we went home she went all shy and quiet again!

xxx

When your busy you don't notice the movements as much, its not just kicks, its any movements you feel too like flips and little moves too. If you feel less then normal though its best to call triage and get it double checked, better to be safe then sorry I say :) xxx

I thought I should give it a bit longer as like u say when your up moving you don't notice it. Didn't get abything when I went to bed, then first movements today happened 15 mins ago. They were strong kicks. Just seems a bit quiet for her. I'll get up n moving out of bed and see how she is then x

I've had this over the last few days. Then one day last week I didn't feel him move at all for the entire day! So I rang Triage and I went in for monitoring for half hour. Having all the monitors strapped to me made him have a right good old kick about, so they sent me home! He was a bit quieter after that, but his movements have started picking up again now.

If you're ever in doubt, I'd try using a doppler (if you've got one) but this doesn't guarantee all is well, as some ladies have told me on here before, we can also be unwell but our hearts still beat, so same goes for our babies!
Try the cold drink technique, and if there's still no change, ring hospital. They won't ever think you're wasting their time, and it will give you peace of mind, so it's always worth it :)

Beings its day time would I have to call my midwife? Or maternity ward?
I don't wanna panic as it was only yesterday that I started thinking about movements and then thought crap she hasnt moved! But she has couple times this morning but nothing major like I'm pretty sure she normally does! But can't b 100%! Also, I go months n months n me and oh don't bd, then the one time we do and I feel less movements!! I know they say you can't hurt baby by doing this but it's made me totally not want to do it again till she's here!

You could ring your midwife but she will probably say to ring the hospital as your over 20weeks. xx

I agree with the other ladies! Just call to get your mind at peace!

Lots of luck!

xx

Just got home, all is ok!! Thank god! She was extra wriggly when she was being monitored kept having to re find her on the monitor lol. But midwife gave me the straps to put on me at home for If she goes quiet again! She said babies hate being on the strap lol! Midwife said I should feel 7 movements a day!! So 3 deffo want enough today!

Thats normally how they go when you go to hospital, least you have some straps to try at home. xx

Always the way! They go quiet then show us up at the hospital lol Glad everything is ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back