Leg infection following water birth :(

Sleepy sue

Reaction score
Hi ladies hope you're all well.
I'm not great at the moment and currently have an infection in my leg resulting in taking anti biotics, and pain killers!
My legs all swollen and red, originally they thought it could be a dvt as apparently we are at an increased risk of them after labour. Luckily it's not but they think because I had a slight nick on my leg from shaving them and then had a water birth where obviously at times things came out that weren't great. Means I now have this infection.

Sorry for the moan I'm just fed up :( I can't walk further than the bathroom and even then I'm in pain!! I want to go out and show my man off xxx

Oh that sounds painful, never knew there was a down side to a water birth. Hope it clears up quickly so you can get out to show him off x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Oh, big hugs to you... Hope you are soon feeling better... Xx

aww hun i picked up an infection due to my waters breaking early and then all the things going in and out of down there lol. sucks having to take so many pills every day and feeling run down so i feel for ya it will get better soon x

Bless ya. A lot of us have had a real hard time xx

Thanks ladies

Bev hope your infection clears up quickly, I'll be back at dr on Monday as antibiotics finish tomorrow and it hasn't gone :( x x

lol i think its ok, it was only mild and i didnt feel too bad really. i have iron tabs to pick up but ive already got loads from the hosp.... i feel like ive been on the guiness iykwim? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back