I have a water infection in my kidney...:-(

Jaidy

Reaction score
....and am feeling rubbish!!!!!!

Have had this horrible pain in my lower back/side for a few days that was coming and going and then the last few days its been constant and I havent been sleeping. Went to the doctors and she confirmed I have a water infection high up in my kidney! I have been given anti biotics and hopefully it will clear up soon, as its agony.

Does any one know of anything you can drink/eat/do to prevent water infections in the future? I know pregnant women are susceptible to them, but ive never had one before and dont really want one again!!!

:hug: a glass of cranberry juice a day should do the trick. Have had loadsa infections in the past but this jas kept them ay bay.

Jaidy when I was pregnant last time i really went through the mill with one so this time I just regularly have cranberry juice and so far, touch wood, my urine has been spot on.

Also dont have a high protein diet, well you probably don't but think about not having high protein days at all as that is linked to kidney stones. I was on a high protein diet for a long time and supplimented with whey protein and I think that may have been one cause of my problems.

Ouch! I can really sympathise hun - I've had a kidney infection and it was SOOOOO painful!

The only thing I can suggest is to plough through the fluids - and cranberry juice is good for the urinary tract. I have to drink loads as I have both a UTI and low blood pressure. What I do is get an empty 2 litre squash bottle and fill it - that way I can measure that I've had at least 2 litres in a day. I also water down cranberry juice with water so that it's not too acidic (plus makes a litre carton into your 2 litres of fluid!!!!)

Hope that helps and isnt just a random ramble :rotfl:

Carley1985 said:
I have a kidney infection too, it sucks! It's getting better but the antibiotics are making me really tired where my body is fighting it off plus growing a human being! :(

Hope you feel better soon!! :hug:

edited to say: the doctor said cranberry (like others have said) and barley water or squash with barley in are good at keeping them away :)

I didnt know about the barley water and i drink that too!

Ah sweetheart!! Hope you're feeling better soon :hug:

I had a water infection and drank lots of fluids... mainly lemon barley water and cranberry juice

xxx

Ahhhh :( Hope you start to feel better soon. Not ever had one myself, but I've heard cranberry juice is very good for clearing up urine/kidney infections so try and drink plenty of that xxx

Oh mate - you're really going through it at the mo! :hug:

When I thought I had the start of a water infection I drank LOADS of water and Cranberry but someone on here said don't drink the Cranberry from supermarkets as its loaded with sugar and therefore could agrevate the infection, apparently we are supposed to drink pure Cranberry from the health shops.

Either way I hope you're feel better real soon. :hug:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Not you too...it's getting us Jade's one by one! That is what I keep getting :(

I hope this is a one off for you :hug:

Aw, poor you :(

It's a last resort but I take a low level daily anti-b to prevent UTI, as they go straight to my kidneys. If it's been really distressing or you get more you could suggest it to your doc and see what they say?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back