Leg Cramps and weight loss

Fly

Reaction score
I know there were threads about these two things but i can't find them so lol.. here's another one :lol:

For about the last week i been gettin bad cramps from teh back of my knee down into my calf muscles on both legs.. now i used to get this years and years ago when i was a teenager and i've suffered on and off since - wearing long socks to bed always stopped it though.. but i not gonna wear long socks to bed whilst pregnant for obvious reasons!!! They are gettin really quite painful now - enough to keep me awake n not let me fall asleep properly.. does anyone have any remedies or suggestions for making the pain less please??

Also - I haven't gained any weight for the last 4 or 5 weeks - weighed meself over at mum's yesterday and i've actually lost a pound :shock: I can only imagine its cos we scrapped the car so i've been walking loads - am eating what i want when i feel hungry but i've only gained just over a stone through the entire pregnancy.. do you think its something i should be concerned about??

Love n Hugs Sarah xxxx

What you need to remember is that your muscles during pregnancy relax, so ANY excercise (Even cleaning i've found) can leave your body feeling a bit sore...

Have you tried icing the area? maybe for today try to keep it elevated but don't let your knees lock up, walk around aswell avoid squating for too long...

:hug:

cant comment on the cramps but i weigh the same as i did at 28 weeks, and i apparently have a just under ten pound baby in there and extra fluid so must have lost abit! mine is due to the strict sugar control i am doing to try and keep this diabetes in check!

Well a student midwife I know said earlier that I should try and get some more calcium in my diet cos cramps are quite often caused by calcium defficiency in pregnancy.. so ave just walked to the corner shop furthest away (made sure i wore socks as am a bugger for lettin my feet get cold) n stocked up on milk n lo n behold they had 1kg boxes of broken biscuits so we had one of them n all LOL!!!! I'm knackered now though after me stroll so I think this afternoon calls for feet up - loadsa movies and a good old munch out! :D it only really hits me in the night so am gonna try and have a big glass of milk before bed and see if that helps :) goin shoppin for spinach and salty snacks tomorrows lol :)
Thanks for answering Sharne :hug: love Sarah xxxxx

Hi naomi - tis good to hear from someone else who is not gaining weight either :hug: we'll be back in our skinniest fittin in jeans in no time you see :hug: xxxxx

Fly said:
Well a student midwife I know said earlier that I should try and get some more calcium in my diet cos cramps are quite often caused by calcium defficiency in pregnancy.. so ave just walked to the corner shop furthest away (made sure i wore socks as am a bugger for lettin my feet get cold) n stocked up on milk n lo n behold they had 1kg boxes of broken biscuits so we had one of them n all LOL!!!! I'm knackered now though after me stroll so I think this afternoon calls for feet up - loadsa movies and a good old munch out! :D it only really hits me in the night so am gonna try and have a big glass of milk before bed and see if that helps :) goin shoppin for spinach and salty snacks tomorrows lol :)
Thanks for answering Sharne :hug: love Sarah xxxxx

Hi naomi - tis good to hear from someone else who is not gaining weight either :hug: we'll be back in our skinniest fittin in jeans in no time you see :hug: xxxxx

Hmmm, well milk is one of the things i've been oding on throughout my pregnancy I drink about 2 litres in a couple of days... i personall think cramps are natural in pregnancy...

Not sure about the leg cramps but the weight loss/slow weight gain is nothing to be worried about. Your baby will be getting what he/she needs particularly if you are eating well. I also gained weight slowly and only put on about 20lbs during my pregnancy and all of that was after 25 weeks- most of it after 32 weeks.

I did get really bad leg cramps during 2nd tri which I posted about. A couple of tips I got was if you feel your muscle going into cramp flex your toes upwards, this really works for me, don't point them down as the muscle will go into cramp straight away. Also drink a glass of milk & eat a banana before bed to increase your calcium levels.

As for the weight thing I've only put on about 10 pounds, I still have quite a decent sized bump though & midwifes haven't mentioned I'm small so I think the baby must be growing well :D

Not sure about the leg cramps but the weight loss/slow weight gain is nothing to be worried about. Your baby will be getting what he/she needs particularly if you are eating well. I also gained weight slowly and only put on about 20lbs during my pregnancy and all of that was after 25 weeks- most of it after 32 weeks.

I did get really bad leg cramps during 2nd tri which I posted about. A couple of tips I got was if you feel your muscle going into cramp flex your toes upwards, this really works for me, don't point them down as the muscle will go into cramp straight away. Also drink a glass of milk & eat a banana before bed to increase your calcium levels.

As for the weight thing I've only put on about 10 pounds, I still have quite a decent sized bump though & midwifes haven't mentioned I'm small so I think the baby must be growing well :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back