Leg cramps!

Sarah13

Reaction score
I've been waking most nights for about three weeks with really painful leg cramps. The start from my hips to calves. I've never had so many or such painful ones, my legs are left quite sore and tight when I get up. They pass after a few minutes once I stretch and scream a bit! I always end up getting it in both legs and early hours of the morning. Anyone also suffering or got any good cures? I'm not even big yet or put on much weight so not sure why I'm getting them.

I heard tonic water was good for this. I had it every night while pregnant but thankfully never since as it's ruddy painful :(

I hate tonic water but willing to try anything now! Glad they should go after baby is here!

I had a spell of these, and they still threaten to cramp at night sometimes. make sure you drink a lot of water, and try and stretch out before your get into bed. My cramps are always in my calves so when i feel it coming I flex my foot towards me at right angles to my leg, rahter than pointing the toes down. This seems to help.

theres also a theory that its something to do with your salt intake. I'm not sure if its too much or too little salt causes them, or both, but it may be worth increasing or decreasing your salt depending on how much you have already.

I've been getting them too, it's so annoying! Someone told me that is due to the heat, your body sweats more and you loose a lot of salt, not sure if there's any truth in that or not though xx

Last edited:
Drink lots as dehydration can be a cause of cramps. Also too much or too little salt. Hope they ease off soon xxx

Thanks girls! I'll try drinking more and I don't have a lot of salt in my diet so maybe add a little see if that helps. I have managed to 'catch' a few of the cramps by doing those stretches as well but sometimes its just too late!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back