left or right handed?

Amy_J

Reaction score
is there anyway to tell what lo will be from his behaviour now? everytime i hold a toy infront of him he grabs for it with his left, as ive looked back on photos he has everything in his left hand, even sucks his left thumb. he 'feeds' himself with his left hand...everything!!! does this mean he will be left handed? my Dad, sister, and OH are all left handers! have any of you had experience of this?

My LO goes mostly with his left hand when holding toys etc.. But im not left handed an neither is OH i dont think. I bet they start with there left hand or something lol x

Seb is showing an equal preference at the moment but OH is left handed, so is his sis but neither of his parents are. Seb will reach with both hands, eats with both, sucks both thumbs etc x not much help I'm afraid :( sorry x

Most of them do show an equal preference for the first couple of years, but I noticed when mine were little they always rolled from back to front the same way - Sam would always go to his right and Toby would always go to his left. They still do now. It's just a theory but I've asked so many people to imagine they're lying on their back in the middle of an empty room and they have to roll to one side to get up. About 90% of people say they would roll to the side they don't use to write with. I'm right handed and would always go to my left :lol: So I'm waiting to see if Sam is left handed.... after all this I bet they're both the same :rofl:

AJ is 2 yo and still uses both hands. Though he prefers his left and is cleaner when eating with his left.

Amy my friend who works in childcare says you can tell what they are at around 18 months. Can't see your ticker from phone so don't know how old your boy is.

Isle sucks both hands and thumbs. She is more coordinated with her left. I'm left handed and my husband is a righty so who knows what she'll be. Tbh I would prefer her to be left handed so I can teach her things (shoe laces, ties, etc) :)

Emma x

I think Zac will be a lefty as he seems to do most things with his left, but OH and I are both right handed. No idea if it will stay this way x

josh upuntil beign about 5 months was a 'lefty' he always used his left hand but hes started being more aware of his hands and so uses both now equally. Our HV said wait till around 18 months before yuo can properly tell. Phil and i are strange though, we use different are hands and legs intercahngeably for different things. Ok that sounds weird, what i mean is we might kick with our left leg and write with our right hand. We eat with our cutlery the wrong way round as well and we cant quite do it properly the other wya! x

Cahal does everything with his left hand when given the choice, I did wonder if it meant he would be left handed or not. I'm left handed and wondered if I was unconsciously favouring his left hand side! I'm secretly hoping he's going to be a lefty like me :)

I got told they swop hands regular till they're in preschool. But I noticed with my middle boy that he was left handed when he was a baby, he used to grab things with his left hand. I did a little test and gave him a toy in his right hand but he always swopped to his left. I don't know anyone in our family who is left handed! Drake is showing signs of being a lefty too, we'll have to see!

I got told they swop hands regular till they're in preschool. But I noticed with my middle boy that he was left handed when he was a baby, he used to grab things with his left hand. I did a little test and gave him a toy in his right hand but he always swopped to his left. I don't know anyone in our family who is left handed! Drake is showing signs of being a lefty too, we'll have to see!

ooo they are definately twins!!!! =)))

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back