lazy latchers?

english rose

Reaction score
In the books, the pictures show babies tilting their heads back, opening their mouths wide and taking a large amount of boob into their mouths.

My LO did this at first, but now she just sort of slurps the nipple into her mouth. She seems to latch on okay - just wondered whether anyone else has a lazy latcher?

Drake doesn't do this anymore. he just seems to get his mouth approximately right and suck the boob into his mouth! as long as it doesn't hurt I let him carry on. Just think their suck must get so powerful after doing it so many times a day, they know what they're doing ::)

Owen has always been a 'spaghetti suck' kind of feeder, it drove me crazy in the early days when I was having trouble and I would watch all those videos of perfect latches. It obviously worked for him though as we're still going strong

In the beginning Emily had the perfect latch - now at five weeks she fidgets and starts to slip off so she has much less in her mouth - but she still sucks, so long as it doesn't hurt I let her carry on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back