Latent phase?!

Babyoli

Reaction score
Hello ladies,
I went to hospital last Wednesday at2 am with terrible pain in my right side. I was 37 + 5. Only to find out that I was 1cm in labour and contracting lots. Midwife wanted to keep me in because of the amount of contractions but I wasn't in to much pain so we decided to go home. Contracted for a whole day and then contractions stopped!!!!!! So since then I have been having random contractions and period pains every day. Has anyone experienced this? And how long did it go for?
I'm just frustrated because I feel I'm waiting for something to happen!!!!
Thanks xx

Also I haven't slept well since I can't remember but last night I slept like a little angel!!!!is this a sign of things maybe starting again soon??????

Doesn't anyone have any similar experiences? Last night I started contracting again quite strongly but then it all stopped again! I'm so frustrated!!!!

i havnt had bad enough cramps to call the hospital but last night and this today cramps have been worst iv ever felt so just waitin see what happens and if they get worse now. sounds like things are defo goin to happen soon for you though if midwifes said you had started labour xx

Thanks Charlotte you would think so but it keeps starting then stopping. And I've been like this for a week now....

Thanks Charlotte you would think so but it keeps starting then stopping. And I've been like this for a week now....

No advice hun but I hope something happens for you soon

Xx

this weather doesnt help at all makes it all the more uncomfy . babes will come when they will come i say :( im goin try go for a walk tonight see how i go. eard this is best for bringin on labour symptoms, its just gettin the energy to do it :( xx

Have your waters broken? I had this but my waters had gone. Had contractions for 2 days, they slowed down but never went away. I never knew they could slow down after they started as at one stage they were 3 main apart I thought wahay things are moving now but I was only 1-2 cm. This time I will stay at home as long as possible so I think you are doing the right thing. It sounds like baby will be here in the next day or 2 though. Best of luck. Looking forward to hearing your news :)

Hope you've had your baby by now. A friend of mind had similar to you. Went on for 10 days, poor thing. But she went onto have a nice quick labour once things really started.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Aaah thanks ladies, giz that makes me feel better!
Waters haven't broken, today I had bloody show and my sciatic pain is back worse than ever and my leg are tingly and numb! I really hope this is it! Xxx

Been contracting all day today but still only one centimetre dilated!!!! This is so frustrating!!!!!!

stock up on all your energy foods hun, pasta, potatoes , beans , brown bread, maybe a few sweets here n there , midwife says ya bodys preparin for a marathon lol n it wont kick in until your fully stocked up so to speak!! lots of water as well :D xx

Last edited:
Keep eating and hydrated but most of all try and sleep you'll need all the energy later.
Good luck lovely x

Just to echo the other ladies - eat, drink and rest!

Best of luck

xxxxx

Thank you ladies. Nothing yet, just pains and more pains. Having a sweep on Friday in case nothing happens before then. Fingers crossed it will. Xxxx

How many days over are you now? Is this your first baby?

----------------

ring ya hospital where you're going to be delivering. some hospitals do sweeps on ya actual due date :D xx

I'm due today so40 weeks with my first. I'm having a sweep tomorrow so really excited and hoping that being one cm dilated all ready it will work so keeping everything crossed!!!!

I'm due today so40 weeks with my first. I'm having a sweep tomorrow so really excited and hoping that being one cm dilated all ready it will work so keeping everything crossed!!!!

Good luck with that!!

----------------

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member