latent Phase of Labour

EmmBee123

Reaction score
Hope you're all well.

Just to let you know, saw the midwife today and I'm in the latent phase of labour.

Am mildly contracting every 20-30 minutes with each one lasting around 30 seconds, it's more like strong period type cramps than unbearably strong contractions. This has increased from it starting on Sunday afternoon. Midwife said it could be a matter of days or a week or so, we'll just have to wait and see.

:yay:

Not sure what latent phase is but its looking really good for you!

How are you feeling? & what have you been doing..resting?

Good luck

:yay:

Ahhhhh wow! How exciting! Good luck, hope you're feeling well otherwise! xx

it's the first bit where the cervix thins and dilates up to 3-4cm (the bit before going to hospital).

To be honest, I'm feeling rough, constant nausea and indigestion, although had the indigestion all the way pregnancy through it's jumped up a gear.

Trying to carry on as normal as much as I can, was in work yesterday morning tying up loose ends. Not feeling too good today though, so think it's the sofa and c**p daytime TV for me today.

Def rest while you can, your body needs to be relaxed to get into the full labour as well, day on the sofa is def a good idea today!

OH is driving me crazy too, he won't leave my side for a second, if he has to, he calls someone in to be with me. He arranged with my mum that she call in on me at the office yesterday to make sure I was ok.

Feels like they all think I need a babysitter.

Not going anywhere today, just the sofa. Although might try to convince OH we need a walk on the beach this afternoon if it gets too hot in the house.

hope all goes well !! oh probably just doesnt want to to go into full blown labour on your own which is sweet of him !! I paniced with my second as sent hubby to watch footy as wasnt convinced I was in early labour then it started and was on my own with a 2 yr old !! xxxx

A walk on the beach?? Where do you live?

I'd forgotton you were working til the very end. Can you take a wee day off if you need it?

Sounds like it wont be long til you've got a labour thread going!!

:)

ah thats great news x x hope it hurrys up for you cc

live on the kent coast littlemiss, nowhere glam, but it's not a bad view from our bedroom window looking out at sea.

have cut my hours right down, am off today, but back in tomorrow morning (well hopefully not, especially if Pickle decides tonight is the right time!)

Oooo, how exciting. Good luck hun, I hope baby makes an appearance sooner rather than later xxx

Just seen this - how exciting!! Best of luck and hope little one appears soon!! Xxx

Oooh good luck!! :yay: Hope LO decides to come sooner rather than later x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back