• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lactose intolerance ?! Help

evie_smith

Reaction score
Well turns out after seeing the docs I'm lactose intolerant - what do I eat now? I don't really eat meat but I eat fish sooooo ideas?!?!?!

Its really easy I think. I don't have dairy n if I do I regret it lol. I eat alot of fish like I do a Thai fish soup, prawn stir fry, veggie Bolognese if u don't like meat, fish curry stuffed peppers, loads of pasta dishes u can do, there's loads of stuff xxx

I cook loads of pasta already but my husband is allergic to prawns and some fish so I can't really buy just for me lol! And hubby doesn't like me buying alternatives because it's money spent on shopping he won't eat. He just let's me buy soya milk lol but I'm going to look in the free from range I think! Is that dairy free do you know? It's morrisons??

Nt sure bt its pretty expensive I think. Wat about veggies? Will everyone eat them? Xx

Hubby is a 2 meat and one veg man and only if it's a roast haha!! he will eat it as I serve it him but he likes meat with it lol!

I am lactose intolerant, you get used to it it depends how bad it is but I found rather than not eating dairy I eat small amounts now and again and occasionally have pizza I suffer for it after but just write down what's worse for you. I can't eat beans but can spaghetti I can eat bread in small doses with small discomfort. I use lacto free milk and cheese.
To me its normal now and I don't think about it. I found gaviscon eases some discomfort. I do miss my latte tho.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

The lactofree range is great. Just a question I have for you all: how did you find out you are lactose intolerant? Did you self diagnose or did you get tested? I think I have problems with dairy too.

I self diagnosed, I did a diary of what is eaten and quickly worked it out then switch to lacto free and feel loads better. My sister was diagnosed through doctor tho so had an idea that might be the problem.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

I switched to soya milk ext a bit back - the doctor told me years ago dairy was effecting my ibs but since having Chloe is has kicked up a notch I went to the doctors to ask and she just said avoid dairy you are not meant to eat it - I have had no tests done (my doctors are rubbish) but it seems to be working she said "you avoid dairy and problem goes away - no problem lactose problem - problem doesn't go away you come back" lol so yea it's gone away so it's working and I know what to change now so that's all good x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back