Packed Lunch?

Doodles

Reaction score
My DS is about to start school next week, he's going on packed lunch as he suffers from serious lactose intolerance meaning he can't have dairy, lactose or whey products, and he also can't have certain colourings as they lead to disruptive behaviour. He is very fussy with food (he's getting better but as I'm sure you know, it's a long process) and he doesn't like getting his hands messy.

So, any ideas what I can give him for lunch? He'll be having sandwiches somedays, but we're trying to give him something new 3-4 times a week to get him to try different things. Help please lol x

Hiya.

I'm lactose intolerant so feel his lain a bit. But mine isn't too serious.

Does he like any vegetables?

You could maybe do him some chopped up carrot, celery, cucumber and then either he could have ham with them and wrap the ham around them. Or also have strips of chicken breast and maybe dip them in a little pot of sauce?

Might be a bit funner than a sandwich and getting involved a bit could help with the fussiness?

We have a child (I work at an infant school) who for religious reasons is basically dairy free etc. he normally has sandwiches with something in, rice cakes obv dairy and wheat free. He has a soya drink and sometimes his mum sends him a certain type of crisps in a sandwich bag and he is well happy!

thanks both, he's starting to get more into veg as long as they crunchy and without any sauce over them, he loves fruit though (thank God for Lazy Town!) he used to like snack a jacks before we found out about his allergy so think I'll look into those to see if their dairy free. I'm liking the idea of the chopped up chicken breast, I could make homemade ketchup to go with it :D

The school is nutoreous for taking any food they deem unsuitable of the children (i.e anything sugary, milkshake etc) which is a pain as he loves milkshake made with rice milk, little marshmallows with dried fruit & my nans cakes (which are made with soya yoghurt, flour, sugar, oil & strawberry flakes) but I'm worried they'll take the food off him x

Could you not speak to the school and explain your situation, surely they cant take food/drinks away from your LO if due to allergies thats all he can have.
The chicken idea is great, LO's love dipping things into sauce x x

going to speak to headmistress on tuesday to discuss the situation as also need to explain that Doodles gets scared around people shouting/sudden loud noises etc x

Would he eat a pasta salad type thing? Like with pesto on it - you
Could even make your own if you wanted. Or crackers with cheese?? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back