labour

katiee24

Reaction score
anything to help start labour off? (not just yet but as it gets sooner)..
the only thing that will be no good is pineapple.. i hate the stuff! :(

Sex sex sex!! Semen contains the same thing they use in gels to induce labour x

sex.... semen contains what they use to induce labour but also the woman having an orgasm also contains oxytocin(?) which is used to bring on labour as well.
Ante natal leader today said " you need sex, plenty of it and it needs to be good quality on both sides " lol

Spicy food and pineapple just makes you go to the toilet and bowel movement is linked to uterus movement.

You could also try an evening primose capsule. Pin prick the top and insert inside you when going to bed. The idea is it softens the cervix I think. Just wear a sanitary pad when in bed.

Agree with the spicy food linking to bowel movements.. That's why some people use castor oil for inducing labour it gives extremely painful bowel movements (and vomiting) which kick of contractions.. Not a wise idea but it works alot of the time..
I suffer with ibs which is probably why I get frequent strong bh especially after eating :(

i had sex, evening primrose oil and clary sage oil.

Sunny's right aparently - it's an enzyme in the sperm that does the job and doctors say it doesn't really matter how that enzyme gets into your system..:lol:

tried the spicy food! i ate a curry the other day, set my stomach of like mad but no contractions.. and as for sex i dont have the effort to do it anymore.. half way through i always get a stitch or my hip goes funny :/ might try and give the evening primose capsule i try after next week :D

Surely a man came up with the blow job idea!!! If it's true don't tell my oh!!! I've been getting out of it coz the baby can taste what we eat!!! :puke:

The midwife at my antenatal class today said that our feet have sort of "hot spots" on them and apparantly stimulating your feet can bring on labour! Lol it sounded odd to me too. She said foot spas can set you off.
Funnily enough I went round my moms this afternoon and on the box to her foot spa it says on it 'consult with doctor before use if pregnant'.

Might be an old wives tale but sitting down and relaxing with a foot spa can't be that bad ay ;)
xx

ooh i'll try that too! officially full term now.. so i can try starting a few things soon :D i heard that nipple stimulation can do it too! so i wonder if i stuck a breast pump on for an hour would it do anything? i dont fancy sitting there tweaking my nips all day :lol: xx

ooh i'll try that too! officially full term now.. so i can try starting a few things soon :D i heard that nipple stimulation can do it too! so i wonder if i stuck a breast pump on for an hour would it do anything? i dont fancy sitting there tweaking my nips all day :lol: xx

Lol ask your OH to do it ;p We've tried it, it did bring on really strong BH but they stopped eventually :( but I did read somewhere that nipples stimulation will only work when you've already begun to dilate (I think?!?!) and I havent so that might be why it didnt work? No harm in trying! I've also tried clary sage oil, pineapple and sex and nothings worked so far :( Started on evening primrose oil capsules on Friday and since then been having lots of BH so FX its working lol. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back