Labour wear

Good idea blueclass - think i'll wait for a couple weeks before DD and see how the nighties are size wise then, im hoping they still fit! :rofl:

Got some long stripy old school PJ tops from Primark today for £4 each, their actually quite cute so if they don't get destroyed from post labour I'll probably keep them. They also had light dressing gowns for £8 which I'm hoping will keep for the summer.

LOL Primark do well out of expectant mums, they should do delivery packs of their cheap pants, pj's, dressing gown, sock and slippers.

I wore the hospital gowns both times and whipped them off when I got to the pushing stage so that the baby could be born straight onto me.

You do get really hot in labour so minimal clothing or nude is definitely fine.
I don't understand why midwives still tell people to bring thick/fluffy socks for labour, every antenatal class I've been to they've said to bring/wear socks because your feet get cold, but I was boiling even with my second who was born in November.
First was born on a really sunny day at the end of April and they had a fan on in the room and I was still boiling lol.

Oh and then for afterwards I had a 2 pack of nighties from Mothercare that had buttons down the front to just below my boobs for easy breastfeeding.

Anyway, this time I'm having a home birth (or that's the plan anyway), so will labour in whatever I'm wearing at the time, and then once I'm in full blown established labour I reckon I'll strip off again lol!
I have some lovely soft PJs for afterwards and a BFing t shirt jama top but if it's warm I'll probably just stay topless and enjoy having skin to skin.

I figure now I will need something long enough to cover my modesty, but has easy access for skin to skin and breast feeding...

On that note, I can honestly say once you get into full blown active labour you won't care who sees you naked lol.

Also, maybe it's just me, but if a MW is down "that end" checking progress and getting a good look when the baby is born, I didn't see the sense in being modest about them seeing my boobs haha.

They've seen it all before and more besides lol.

I asked similar but in regards to water birth a while ago - still really hoping to be able to use a pool! If I can, then will likely start in bikini and eventually just strip off lol... still need to get a cheap towel type dressing gown for after. If I do have to birth on dry land for some reason, I have an old nighty that buttons partly in the front that should be fine afterwards for skin to skin. Or just naked... with the obligatory socks of course haha
A lot of people have told me you just get to a point where you don't much care about bits on show!

I envisage I won't give two hoots about what's on show and I defo won't be wearing socks. I can't stand anything on my feet at the mo not even flip flops. Weird!

I wore socks but that's because I was asleep with them on then woke in labour so didn't think to remove them i hate my feet anyway.

I am very self conscious usually but during labour it's like you don't think about nudity or anything... I was fine having checks and boobs safely tucked away but once baby was here the nightie was up and baby was on me.

xxxx

Last time I took big nighties with buttons from primark and I have bought the exact same thing again from primark lol!

I look back at my pictures just after I had Sofia and I was in a hospital gown but I don't remember for one second how the hell I got into it or who put me in it :rofl: so god knows why I was in one.... But I also fancy a water birth this time and have an old crop top that I'm gonna pack for that.

It's well hard to know what to wear but I think nighties are easy and light and if they get covered in blood and gore then you can just chuck them! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back