Labour "Outfit"

BabyLove

Reaction score
God Im a Freak I Know, Iv Bought My Outfit I Want To Wear For Labour From Mothercare Today & Was Just Wondering If Anyone Else Has Got Theirs Planned Or Arnt You Bothered? This Over-Organising Has Taken Over Me & I Cant Help It :|

Its Not As If Iv Bought a Fancy Outfit By The Way! Its a Long, Soft, Pink Sleeveless Nursing Nightie With Some Popper Buttons Down The Front For Easy Access Because Im Wanting Skin-To-Skin & Breatsfeeding asap.. and a Thin Black Dressing Gown To Wear Over It Because I Dont Want My Arms On Show. Iv Got a New Black Nursing Bra To Wear Underneath :)

Anyone Else Planned They're "Labour Outfit"?

(PS: Yes I Know It Could Get Ruined & Thrown Out Afterwards But I Couldnt Care Less, Comfort All The Way! Even If I Only Get To Wear It For That One Day, Im Not Bothered :lol: ) xx

I would be surprised if you get to wear it, i ended up going to the hospital and walking around in one of my aunts old nighties and dressing gown :lol:

I remember having one of my ex's t-shirts and my decorating trews on :rotfl: :rotfl:

I have bought a cheap Primark nightie with buttons up the top half and have packed OH dressing gown since it is dark coloured. I have also packed a bikini top in case I get annoyed with the nightie but would rather not have the boobs out. :wink:

And several pairs of nice thick cosy bed socks!

I am planning on wearing a vest top in the birthing pool but have packed large t shirts incase I decide to come out.

I don't think I will care how I look, as long as I don't poop. xxx

Oh dear... Pink... :shock: You should have gotten Red... :rotfl:

It will get covered in blood btw... and I mean covered. I wore this lovely tshirt that I lived in when I was pregnant (basically I went to the hospital in it and never took it off)... well sadly it got covered in blood and half way through my labour I ended up naked and I never saw the tshirt again. They threw it away with clinical waste. :cry:

Tbh your better off just using the hospitals gowns and using a dressing gown if you need to leave your room to walk around. Cheaper and for one... you get to wear your lovely nightie after you give birth... :)

When you are in labour you really really don't care what you wear during labour... you are really out of it, even if you don't have drugs. The phrase "get the baby out of me... !!!" is a common chorus..

i couldnt do the whole naked thing NOWAY!!!!!!!!!! im going to take extra t-shirts just incase it gets ruined there is noway i am going to lie there in pain and naked nooooowaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy :rotfl: :rotfl:

Tegala-7thMarch08 said:
i couldnt do the whole naked thing NOWAY!!!!!!!!!! im going to take extra t-shirts just incase it gets ruined there is noway i am going to lie there in pain and naked nooooowaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy :rotfl: :rotfl:

I swear to god... you don't notice... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I honestly don't even remember them taking my clothes off... All of a sudden.. I'd given birth and they were handing Tia to me.. and I was NAKED :shock: :rotfl:

i gotta say i couldn't do it naked either :shock: although i did get in the bath with my 1st and don't think i cared 'that' much but it made me sick so i got out and got dressed.

With number 2 i was on the labour bed, still in my joggers etc and said to the midwife 'i gotta push' she said you can't yet you gotta get your clothes off, i said i can't wait for that i 'GOTTA' push NOW!!! There was me pushing and them trying to get my bottoms and pants off :rotfl:

You really don't care when you're in labour, your body just takes over and you have no idea of what else is going on around you, the room could have been filling with men for all i knew and i wouldn't of cared less...i do think i woulda noticed if i was naked though...i'd have been cold :rotfl:

Squiglet said:
Tegala-7thMarch08 said:

I swear to god... you don't notice... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I honestly don't even remember them taking my clothes off... All of a sudden.. I'd given birth and they were handing Tia to me.. and I was NAKED :shock: :rotfl:

are they allowed to just take your clothes off... what if you say no will they keep them on obviously not if you still have ur joggers on lol :rotfl:

Squiglet said:
Tegala-7thMarch08 said:

Too true :D

Honestly, I am the biggest prude out. Don't ask me how it happened but I ended up completely starkers for Evie's birth. I stripped off to get in the birthing pool and was too way to out of it to worry about clothes again!

Once labour is really established tbh they just get in the way - thank god for gas and air for helping you forget your inhibitions :lol: :lol:

Squiglet said:
Tegala-7thMarch08 said:

Thats exactly what happened to me!! This second midwife, the epidural lady (cant spell her job title lol) and the pediatrician all came in and out and I was completely starkers with my legs up in stirrups :shock: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Squiglet said:

It will get covered in blood btw... and I mean covered. I wore this lovely tshirt that I lived in when I was pregnant (basically I went to the hospital in it and never took it off)... well sadly it got covered in blood and half way through my labour I ended up naked and I never saw the tshirt again. They threw it away with clinical waste. :cry:

Tbh your better off just using the hospitals gowns and using a dressing gown if you need to leave your room to walk around. Cheaper and for one... you get to wear your lovely nightie after you give birth... :)

When you are in labour you really really don't care what you wear during labour... you are really out of it, even if you don't have drugs. The phrase "get the baby out of me... !!!" is a common chorus..

just wanted to say.. that if u watch my birth vid you will see i wear my birthing nighty after the birth.. mine didnt get covered in blood.. it might.. but theres nothing to say it definatly will..(and mine was lemon)

im planning on wearing a vest top in the pool.. if i need to get out i will jsut put a cheapy nighty from primark on.

lisa&alex said:
Squiglet said:

just wanted to say.. that if u watch my birth vid you will see i wear my birthing nighty after the birth.. mine didnt get covered in blood.. it might.. but theres nothing to say it definatly will..(and mine was lemon)

im planning on wearing a vest top in the pool.. if i need to get out i will jsut put a cheapy nighty from primark on.

Yes but your nightie was hitched up round your ears at the end... :rotfl:

Like I Said, Im Not Bothered If It Gets Ruined Lol - I'll Just Get Changed & Throw It Away After The Birth But It Will Be Worth It For Me To Feel Comfortable During Labour Although Im Sure I Wont Care As Much At The Time LOL :D And There's No Guarantee It Will Even Get Marked, We'll Have To Wait n See :lol: x

I bought a huge XXL navy t-shirt from Tesco for about £3. It was long enough to cover my bits when I was still with it enough to care. I had pyjama bottom on until I had to take them off for my first internal and couldn't be bothered to put them back on. Then as soon as he was born I whipped the t-shirt off too for skin to skin. I think I got a bit of blood on the shirt but not a lot. Still chucked it though!

I never thought I'd be naked in a room with 4 other people in, but once he was born I really didn't care, I just wanted him on my chest.

I bought a nighty too, its only a cheap one, but I hate the idea of being naked
not that ill have much dignity anyway but I know ill feel better with something on

Squiglet said:
Tegala-7thMarch08 said:

hussy :moon:

I might get some nice pyjamas for after baby is born..after a shower etc. I think my Mum may be getting me some nice nursing/maternity ones for Christmas though :think: But for the labour and birth I will raid Primark and get some cheapie nighties and a dressing gown, so if there is any mess I will chuck them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back