Labour "Outfit"

Squiglet said:
Tegala-7thMarch08 said:
i couldnt do the whole naked thing NOWAY!!!!!!!!!! im going to take extra t-shirts just incase it gets ruined there is noway i am going to lie there in pain and naked nooooowaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy :rotfl: :rotfl:

I swear to god... you don't notice... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I honestly don't even remember them taking my clothes off... All of a sudden.. I'd given birth and they were handing Tia to me.. and I was NAKED :shock: :rotfl:

I was in normal clothes when I got to hospital, then I went and had a bath to ease the contractions, and then got transferred to the birth pool. So for the majority of my time in hospital, I was naked. As Squiq said, you really won't care by then, and you also give up caring about internals, I was like just do what you have to do, I'm not bothered anymore ... :rotfl:

Babylicious said:
Squiglet said:
Tegala-7thMarch08 said:
i couldnt do the whole naked thing NOWAY!!!!!!!!!! im going to take extra t-shirts just incase it gets ruined there is noway i am going to lie there in pain and naked nooooowaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy :rotfl: :rotfl:

I swear to god... you don't notice... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I honestly don't even remember them taking my clothes off... All of a sudden.. I'd given birth and they were handing Tia to me.. and I was NAKED :shock: :rotfl:

hussy :moon:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I wanted a pool birth (managed only half of the labour in the pool in the end but hey...) so I was only wearing a bra as I didn't want my breasts to show, which I wore up until Maya was born and I took it off for skin-to-skin and breastfeeding. Needless to say, it was all covered in blood.

In retrospect, I think I wouldn't bear wearing a nightie or anything long and bulky. I recall feeling annoyed by anything touching me while I was in advanced labour - even my husband stroking me - when they put the monitoring belt thing to monitor the baby, oh, it felt so heavy on me I kept telling them to take it off me!

I would say, whatever feels comfortable. I wouldn't worry about arms or anything showing really - when the time comes you won't be bothered at all.

I wore a crappy nightie for my labour and a normal bra (i went to hospital dressed for some reason). Then I sent it home to be washed afterwards and I still use it (is that gross?) and I wore my nice pjs afterwards.

You can have skin to skin contach still hun, believe me you wont mind lifting your top up etc after you have had your pink bundle - you wont be bothered by anything.

Id keep it for the ward cos it sounds lovely, too lovely to wear in labour.

I planned to wear a loose nightie with buttons down the front for BF'ing but turned up for my induction wearing a fairly snug top and leggings, which I kept on after I was given the pessary as the MW sent me outside for a walk to help things along. I completely forgot about changing until I'd had my waters broken and drip put in...then obviously couldn't take off/put on anything so gave birth in my tight top, boiling hot lol. Didn't get covered in blood though :D

I Tried It All On Earlier & Its Soooo Comfy :D I Should Have Bought Two So I Could Wear One Now :x Never Mind. Im Deffinately Going To Be Wearing It & Wont Be Going Naked Lol- Pain Or Not, Trust Me... I'll Be Bothered! :lol:

xCarly said:
I Tried It All On Earlier & Its Soooo Comfy :D I Should Have Bought Two So I Could Wear One Now :x Never Mind. Im Deffinately Going To Be Wearing It & Wont Be Going Naked Lol- Pain Or Not, Trust Me... I'll Be Bothered! :lol:

Well... I don't like being naked in broad daylight with my husband on his own.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I hate being naked... So you can imagine what a feat it was to be naked infront of about 30 strangers when Tia had problems and they came barrelling in my room.. :rotfl:

xCarly said:

aw carly, you're such a sweetie still full of all your dignity :lol: by the time you leave your delivery room i bet a handfull of strangers will have seen ALL your bits and you won't have a care in the world :rotfl:

mrs_tommo22 said:
I wore a crappy nightie for my labour and a normal bra (i went to hospital dressed for some reason). Then I sent it home to be washed afterwards and I still use it (is that gross?) and I wore my nice pjs afterwards.

You can have skin to skin contach still hun, believe me you wont mind lifting your top up etc after you have had your pink bundle - you wont be bothered by anything.

Id keep it for the ward cos it sounds lovely, too lovely to wear in labour.

I did this, gave it my hubby to wash and still wore it for years after, took me a lot of courage to throw t away, i think i threw it in the end, but that nightie was SO special to me, it was what i gave birth to our first child in :D

Awww bless ya carly...

I was exacty the same i think all first time mums are..

I posted ages ago something similar..

I had a special nightie for pre labour, established labour, then for after they cleaned me up...

needless to say there all new in packets ;)

Trust me.... it might not seem it now. but once ur in labour u wont give a shit.

I had my mum and dad in the room as they were my birth partners and i had midiwfes doing internals with me mum and dad there, whipping the covers up...

When i was at home and the MW was here (homebirth part :roll: ) I was walking around upstairs with JUST a top on... then going in the bath and walking back to my room with not much on...

you REALLY wont care..

THey say you lose all ur dignity in labour.

You realy wont care, might not seem that way now hun but honestly you'll probably labour (established labour that is) in next to nothing...

Save that lovely nighty for post natal ward....

That's so sweet Carly, good on you :hug:
I wore a lovely Matalan number with sheep on it, didn't plan to be in that but that's what happened and I still wear it now and again, and it still has a bit os hozzy tape on it that I will not pull off :lol:
I hope you get to wear your lovely labour outfit :hug: It's true that you may not care at certain points what you're wearing but it will help you wearing something that makes you feel good and comfy :D

Yeah Im Much Happier Now I Know Everythings Sorted :) I WILL Be Wearing It.. Dignity Or Not, It Will Allready Be On Before Established Labour Kicks In So It'll Be Worn! and I Wont Be Taking It Off No Matter How Much Everything Else Takes Over. I Could Never Even Have My Mother In There With Me, Iv Always Been The Same So I Know I'll Still Be Aware Of Some Things.. When People See My Bits I Obviously Wont Care Lol, But Nobody except Luke, Doctors n Midwifes. Either Way- The Outfit Is What Im Wearing 8) :D

yeah i brought a new nightie and dressing gown yesterday, nothing special but something i'll feel comfy in and i can pack now. A few of my friends work on the labour ward so don't wont to be in an old outfit!!

Hi Carly,

I had my second little boy on Friday eve, and tbh.. the girls are right, you dont care what you wear !!
Just ensure its comfortable.. your hot/cool enough and thats all you will be interested in.
Bye the time my labour progressed I was stripped off, and its true theres no dignity in childbirth :oops:

Just go with it, save the nice attire for :sleep:

Oh and bye the way.. I didnt get covered in blood, everybody is different

Good Luck :hug:

Squiglet said:
It will get covered in blood btw... and I mean covered.

Not nessacarily (sp?) I brought a really nice nightie for my labour and i didnt get a drop on it, even though i bled really badly after labour. Your 'outifit' sounds good carly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back