Labour bag truth.....

Tracey M

Reaction score
Ok, who actually used anything from what they packed for Labour Bag? When I had my son 5 years ago I did not have a labour bag - I was so out of it I did not need anything - I even wore a hospital gown.

No way was I interested in eating, listening to music, spraying my face with magicool or anything - the only think I asked for was a cup of water....

I never used anything as i never got chance to, i gave birth in my top i went into hospital in. I was too interested in staring at my little bundle of joy once he was here to listen to music or read magazines.
I suppose it depends on how labour goes though x x

---
-

I def used my nighty, feminine wipes, hairbrush, phone charger, maternity pads, a few knickers, baby wipes to freshen up throughout labour etc when I was in birthing centre but as I was kept in after a c section I used all my toiletries and clothes etc! Things I didn't use were my straightners and make up ( lol I thought I'd take so I looked nice after birth for pics but I didn't even use lol!!)

---
-

I didn't use anything but then my labour was very quick. I only used a clean set of clothes to come home in and babies clothes, nappies and wipes out of what I packed for hospital too!

Thank god its not just me, I remember I took a flannel, a pair of big pants, camera, phone numbers and Panty liner and thats it! I had a bad to stay in car with clothes and more liners, And toiletries buts thats it!

This time make take hubby some redbull, only cos he will be left with baby abit after (If i'm feeling nice) But hospital gave him a coffee and baby nappies and I used there gown, was never asked to put my nighty on!

I used pretty much everything except for the book I took to read....but then I was in for a couple of days before he finally arrived as they had to induce me

My labour was quick, so I got to the hospital and was ready to push so I didn't get to use anything that I had packed for labour. xx

i always throw a pack of bobbles in, i always lose them! x

With my hospital bag I used everything. But the stuff I took in for labour itself I never used, like lipbalm, warm socks etc.

Tbh, I was so frightened and lost there that it didn't occur to me to change my clothes or anything, even though I was being induced. For labour, Id say just take a nighty and maternity bra, oh! and some extra pants. Always take in more than you need. I used about 3 pairs in labour and didn't realise Id need to so I ran out of pants! They gave me loads of pads in the hospital so I barely used mine.

Great tips girls! Hmmmm I better pack more pants..... I cant find my pack of disposables anywhere - typical!

I was quickly rushed in to be induced and prepped for section so never had my bag at first, my OH brought it not long before birth, and never used anything in it til after. Wasn't allowed my own clothes on for birth anyway. Only used my make up, my toiletries, jammies & baby clothes, all the nappies/pads/plastic pants ect were provided.

With 2nd babies, you proably wont be in for long - unless there's a complication. They told me they aim to have 2nd time mums out the hospital 4 hours after delivery.

:)

I used everything and had more stuff brought in. I was admitted with zero notice, I was just popping in for a blood pressure check, and didnt get out for 10 days. I had to have extra bags when I was discharged cos i accumulated so much stuff! well worth having a bag packed. I had a very slow early labour in the antenatal ward which may well be the most boring place on earth!

I am so glad I packed lots and lots of huge knickers! I think I actually used pretty much everything I packed, and I thought I was going overboard.

I am so glad I packed lots and lots of huge knickers! I think I actually used pretty much everything I packed, and I thought I was going overboard.

I rememebr after I had Joshua the midwife or nurse went into my bag to get my knickers for me and laughed at the size of them!! Well, they were up to belly button style size 22 LOL :whistle:

I rememebr after I had Joshua the midwife or nurse went into my bag to get my knickers for me and laughed at the size of them!! Well, they were up to belly button style size 22 LOL :whistle:

Yup, I bought a pack of cheapies that are so huge they come past my bellybutton :lol:
But my god are they COMFY. I loved having an excuse to wear big pants and elasticated clothing.... do I have to wear normal clothes now? Haha :roll:

I also got a LOT of use from my mini fan and cooling spray! x

I packed two bags one with pants, maternity pads, breast pads, mild soap body wash, change of clothes for me and baby....THEN ha ha ha I had a suitcase in the car with loads of stuff for baby and me, straighteners, makeup....oh yeah then a bag of food for hubbie ha ha and we used the lot I was in for a while due to long labor and c section. The hospital didnt provide anything and I was told that in advance
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back