C section hospital bags?

So_hopeful81

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am due in on Monday morning for a c section which was arranged only on Thursday.
My question to anyone who has had one, is is there anything different I need to take into hospital or not take into hospital now I'm having a section which is different to what I have already packed as my labour bag?

Also - any advice or anything I should know before I get to theatre???

Xxx

U will need big Bridget jones styler knickers in about 3 sizes bigger than normal. Im usually a 10-12 so had 16-18 and I'm still wearing them nearly 4 weeks on. They need to come up over the incision. I went through about 10 pairs in 2 days so it depends how long u r in for and if ur oh can take them home and wash them.

Don't be afraid to ask for extra pain relief afterwards if u need it. I had to ask once and it was amazing! Lol! There r also injections each night for a week that I was never told about to stop blood clots. I had the first two in hospital and my DH had to do the other 5 when we got home.

Nighties also that u can bf in if ur doin that so pj bottoms dont rub on ur incision.

Ear plugs!!!! On the ward afterwards Henry slept and the other mums/babies kept me and DH awake!!!

Apart from that, the normal bits for u (comfy goin home outfit, shower stuff, squash, snacks (I took loads of choc but ended up wanting juicy sweets like fruitella so take a selection!) and bits for baby. Take a warm blanket as Henry got cold in there and needed to be wrapped up. And plenty of vests and sleepsuits.

Cant thinkin anythin u need to know before theatre, apart from the cannula being fitted! It wasn't as bad as I thought it sold be. The whole process was a lot calmer than I thought so try not to worry about it.

Think that's it! Make the most of people running round after u too!

Good luck, hope u have an easy recovery and car wait to read ur story and see piccies of ur gorgeous baby girl xxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back