just wondering (bottle feeding mummies)

Becky&Willow

Reaction score
once your LO is on 3 meals a day when do you give them there bottle and how much do you give each time.

im not there with willow yet but it would be good to have some sort of idea so ill be ready for when the time comes.

Thanks.

also how long from when you started weaning did it take you to go from 1 meal to 2 then 3?

thanks again :D

Nathans been on 3 meals a day for about a month. He still has 4 bottles a day and I offer him one before each meal then 1 before bed. I offer him 8oz but he doesn't always drink it all. From what I remember from the 2 girls they drop one of their afternoon bottles pretty soon. As for going onto 3 meals a day, we stayed on 1 a day for about 2 weeks then he just jumped to 3 within a couple of days. It just sort of happened and he was starving all the time and the milk wasn't satisfiying him.

well alice started at 6 months and offered brekky one week. the next i starting giving her lunch as well. then the following week i added dinner. but i did it.. i recon alice could have gone longer without the extra meals. she hasn't bothered by it all :roll: :lol:

the last month ive managed to get alice down from 6/7 bottles to 4 maybe 5. she has one first thing in the morning (6 ish), then her brekky at 8. one at 12 and her lunch between 1-2. then her afternoon bottle i try and save for as long as possible, until 8 if im lucky. She still wakes at night for a bottle. Sometimes she may even kick off at 4 in the afternoon for a bottle.

Conal now has 3 meals a day and 2 bottles one before bed 7pm and one in the morning 7.30am, i also put formula on his weetabix for his breakfast at 9am, he has only just dropped his afternoon bottle he;s just not interested init so i haven't bothered, they are supposed to have around 20oz a day till they are 1 but Conal has about 15-16 and my consultant says that's ok.

He was weaned onto 3 meals a day in about a week, i was giving him a rusk before bed from 13 weeks and then at about 6 months i gave him a dinner then a tea and then breakfast, he loves his food though and would eat untill he was sick so your Willow may not be so quick from what i have read about 3 weeks is the norm.

Good luck

Heather

luke is a little over the place at the moment with his routine.

we went from 1 meal one week to then 2 meals the next week aand then 3 meals the following week.

so he now has baby rice with a fruit puree for brekkie with a bottle (approx 5oz) about 8.30

a veg puree with a dessert (i'e pettis filous) with water (approx 2oz) for lunch about 12 noon

botttle (approx 6oz) 3ish in the afternoon

fruit puree for tea 4.30 with a bottle (approx 4oz)

bottle pre bed about 7ish (approx 6oz)

occasionally he will wake at about 6.30am and if he doesn't settle then i willl give him his bottle then and omit his breakfast bottle. the routine varys from day to day but thats the gist of it.

Started Rubes on one meal at lunchtime then a week or two later tried brekkie (baby cereal). After around 4 weeks, she was on 3 meals a day and now has 4 bottles and 3 meals a day...

7am bottle on waking (6oz)

9amish Baby cereal made with cows milk, banana slices

10.30am-11am 6oz bottle then a big nap

12.30pm Lunch-finger foods-rice cakes and cheese spread etc and a petite filous, fruit

4pm 6oz bottle

6.30pm Spoon fed mashed food-veg and chicken etc, fromage frais and a rusk

7.30pm 6oz bottle and bed

She really enjoys all of her bottles, so I am a bit dubious about dropping any of them....she was on 7 bottles a day before weaning so I think she is doing ok :)

No matter wether your baby is breastfed or formula, the milk is still an important part of their growth in the first year, 3 meals a day dont need to be at set times, its all about taste and texture.

Go by what you feel is right, only you know your baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back