• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

just wonder..

isobel84

Reaction score
a girl i sort of know but dont really get on with said to my friend she just found out she is pregnant, 5 month gone (she didnt know she was) and.. shes expecting twins...
is it really possible to be 5 month preg with twins and not have a clue that you are pregnant?
I mean when i was 5 month i was massive allready and i saw her last week and i never thought she looked pregnant.

im sure she wouldnt lie about it but i just thought it sounded a bit weird.. :shock:

Well i didn't realise that i was 16 weeks when i went for my scan - i had hardly any sickness (i thought i was sick as the milk i had drunk was slightly off - but i can't drink milk at the mo) or any other symptoms - but to be honest it's only really recently bump has started to grow rapidly!!!

I saw a woman at my local hospital the other day who was 12 weeks with twins. She was huge already!
Personally, I'd say there is no way you can be 5 months with twins and not realise unless you're on the large side to start with, methinks.
Although, don't take that as a sure thing - I might be wrong!

There are loads of stories of people not knowing they are pregnant, and then going into hospital with stomach cramps and being told they are in labour!

Im sorry but you have to be pretty freakin ditsy to not know you are pregnant.. Morning sickness, tiredness, boobs hurting, peeing all the time, no periods, clothes getting tight, and its not like babies never move!

Twins especially.. She is either an utter dumbass, or lying that she didnt know, or lying that she is pregnant atall.

I knew out of instinct at 4 and a half weeks that i was pregnant! How can women be so ignorant toward their bodies that they dont know they are pregnant to 5 months ??!!

There are loads of stories of people not knowing they are pregnant, and then going into hospital with stomach cramps and being told they are in labour!

Im sorry but you have to be pretty freakin ditsy to not know you are pregnant.. Morning sickness, tiredness, boobs hurting, peeing all the time, no periods, clothes getting tight, and its not like babies never move!

Twins especially.. She is either an utter dumbass, or lying that she didnt know, or lying that she is pregnant atall.

I knew out of instinct at 4 and a half weeks that i was pregnant! How can women be so ignorant toward their bodies that they dont know they are pregnant to 5 months ??!!

Although saying that, my friend didn't know she was pregnant until she was 20-something weeks gone, and that was honestly just not having any symptoms. She'd noticed her bra/clothes size went up, but put it down to the massive amounts opf chocolate she eats.

She hadn't been having periods at all for 6 months though, and a HPT she did [with me] came up negative - even though she would have been around 10 weeks then, if not a bit more!

She did only have one, very small baby though.... not twins xD

A friend of my OH's told us her cousin has just found out she's expecting and she's due around the same time as me! This is her second baby and she thought she was just still carrying baby weight from her son! I don't get how people don't know either, it truly baffles me x

Someone from mu work found out at 6 months she was pregnant! Wasn't twins tho like!! My sister didn't get bfps til about 16 weeks with both her two! It is possible nt to kbow, babies can tuck themselves away really well, especialy if you've got good stomach muscles and not everyone has symptoms!

One of the women at Gym Tots I go to is 17 weeks pregnant with twins, she is tall and slender and didnt look pregnant at all! She did know though!

Everyone is different and some people genuinely don't know that they are preggo!

i know a 17yr old or she was then who didnt know she was preg till in labour although i have an inkling she was in a weird denial state and just blocked it out but has gone on to have more kids i can understand till its kicking not knowing but once it starts kicking i dont get it either lol

My cousin didn't know she was pregnant until she gave birth on the bathroom floor! She was still at uni and about to head off on a 2 week summer hol with her boyfriend!

I can't imagine how that happens as even if you are lucky enough not to have m/s, how is it possible not to feel the kicks and squiggles and not to see your tummy moving?!? It sure does happen though!

I think the movements you'd just think were something else unles you knew you were pregnant! I get things now that are like movements/kicks but I think it's just trapped wind or something!

And bloody he'll annie, I bet your cousin din know what had hit her!!

My sister i stick thin and she didn't know she was pregnant until she want to the docs thinking she had an intolerance as she was bloated often but not everyday and she was 20 weeks gone.

I find it hard to believe too, but thats because I had symptoms, started getting a bump earlyish and my periods stopped. I think you must be able to not know as there are so many stories of people who dont, and if you're not having symtoms why would you? I always thought with twins you would be huge at 5 months!

My best friend was pregnant with twins and didn't know until she reached 5 1/2 months.

Everyone is different. I didn't know I was pregnant till 3 months.
As for symptoms like sore boobs, no periods, feeling tired, sick ect that wasn't unnormal for me.
But surely when you start feeling different or something moving inside you'd question it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back