Just want to cry

Tick-Tock

Reaction score
I know it's the pregnancy hormones making me tearful and unable to deal with things that I would normally breeze through but I am on the verge of tears today...

It doesn't help that i am really worried i may have to have a scheduled C-section... LO still hasn't turned, and I keep thinking with every day that passes I get further away from having a normal birth and having to have a surgical one... I know all that matters is that baby arrives happy and healthy but I really don't want a C-section. I guess if I was going through labour and then had to have one it would be different from just having to have one from the start...

It's also a problem because of a few of my other worries.... I really don't want an epidural... The whole concept of them scares the living bejesus out of me.... I don't want to have to stay in hospital for three days after the birth when OH has to go home every night.... and I don't want to be out of action for 6 weeks afterwards unable to drive or basically look after myself let alone the baby...

One of the things I have found really hard about being pregnant is having to rely on others.... I am normally very independent and having to get people to do things for me because I'm not supposed to, or I'm too tired is really hard.... having to do it for another 6 weeks or so afterwards really upsets me....

I don't expect anyone to reply, I just thought writing it down may help...

J
XX

it's ok. :hug: :hug:
just think about all pregnant ladies out there , most have things they don't really plan for., whats important LO is fine and healthy.

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Your concerns are normal!! Aimee is still breech the now but my midwifes told me I have until about week 36 for her to turn back before they'll discuss options so please don't feel you'll have to have a c-section. Your LO still has some time to turn. I can't offer much advice, sorry but I can give you loads of :hug: :hug: .

How your feeling is normal, i hate not being able to do silly little things for myself, like i need to put something away under the bed but i cant wriggle under anymore.

I also have so many concerns with being stuck in hospital and if i'm in there not having the "me and tally" time to bond with her. I dont wanna be in hospital long i wanna be in and out, i'm scared i'll be pushed in to things and watched over because of my age etc when all i really want is to be left alone with my baby and get out asap.

I'm not sure what i'd do if i had to have a C-section and that worries me that i wont be able to bond cos of it, plus obviously being so dependent on others for so long afterwards.

I'm sure your baby will move around in time, they do still have time to move

Tick-Tock said:
It doesn't help that i am really worried i may have to have a scheduled C-section... LO still hasn't turned, and I keep thinking with every day that passes I get further away from having a normal birth and having to have a surgical one... I know all that matters is that baby arrives happy and healthy but I really don't want a C-section. I guess if I was going through labour and then had to have one it would be different from just having to have one from the start...

XX

I posted about this yesterday, my LO hasn't turned yet either, and MW says if she hasn't in 3 weeks they will turn her for me (very simple procedure involving manipulating bump from outside). I was worried at first but have read up on it now. At only 31 weeks you have plenty of time for LO to turn so i wouldn't convince yourself you'll have a problem. I have been doing lots of reading on it and it is perfectly possible to deliver a breach baby, especially with all the medical advances today. If you are worried there are excercises you can do at home to encourage baby to turn. Try getting on all fours for a little while each day or lie on the bed with pillows under your hips to elevate them.

Rosie1 said:
Tick-Tock said:

XX

I posted about this yesterday, my LO hasn't turned yet either, and MW says if she hasn't in 3 weeks they will turn her for me (very simple procedure involving manipulating bump from outside). I was worried at first but have read up on it now. At only 31 weeks you have plenty of time for LO to turn so i wouldn't convince yourself you'll have a problem. I have been doing lots of reading on it and it is perfectly possible to deliver a breach baby, especially with all the medical advances today. If you are worried there are excercises you can do at home to encourage baby to turn. Try getting on all fours for a little while each day or lie on the bed with pillows under your hips to elevate them.

Thanks, unfortunately they can't turn the baby manually as i am Rh-ve and my OH is +ve and there is a risk of blood mixing... I've been doing the exercises (that knee-chest one isn't exactly comfortable is it, and we're supposed to hold it for 10 mins!!!!) I guess I'm just feeling pessimistic as this baby has been breech for the entire pregnancy and I'm worried he won't be inclined into turning now....

J
XX

Oh that surprises me as in many of the articles i've read it says the Rh-ve isn't an issue as they will give you anti d before they do it.

I guess every hospital / health authority has their own guidelines.

Hope you feel better soon, try not to worry, my baby has been breech the whole time too so i do understand your concerns.

have a couple of :hug: :hug: :hug:

i really hope baby turns for you and there is still plenty of time! have you got a birthing/gym ball? i've heard that using these is also good for helping baby turn..

i know how you feel though, i would hate a section too, at every appoinment i dread my mw feeling my tummy and saying he's turned :roll: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
I hope your baby turns for you so you can have a natural birth. :hug:

Have a stern word with your bump, like 'turn around when I talk to you!' :)

Sorry, just trying to make you smile :) :hug:

Hope bubs turns soon :hug:

Thanks for all your messages, I feel much more positive today.... baby IS going to turn, but if he decides not to then so be it... as long as he's healthy.... I had a bit of an epiphany last night, I know it sounds morbid but i was thinking back to my miscarriage last year and reminded myself that i may not have been having a baby at all, so if he has to "come out of the sunroof" then at least he'll be here....

I'm sure the hormones will kick in again soon and I'll be back to feeling how I did yesterday but for today it'll be OK....

Thanks again
J
XX

Hunny dont worry i am testamant to a baby who like being breech most of the way though he didnt turn till about 35 weeks and even then he conitued to be a right mover and dosnt seem to want to fix in the downwards position :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
He been head down for a a few weeks now but still like to have a shift to the side once in a while

at not point did my middy mention c section she ressured me ages a go that he will turn when he wants to
some babies do not turn at untill literaly labour has begun

and if your baby turns and im sure he/she will then the epidural will be somthing you will get only by your choice its not given out as standard only if neccassary and you request it

talk to you midwif for reassurance im sures he will set your mind at rest
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back